Citizant is a leading provider of professional IT services to the U.S. government. We seek to address some of our country’s most pressing challenges in the areas of Agile application development, Enterprise Data Management, Enterprise Architecture, and Program Management support services – focusing on the U.S. Departments of Homeland Security and Treasury. We strive to hire only ethical, talented, passionate, and committed “A Players” who already align with the company’s core values: Drive, Excellence, Reputation, Responsibility, and a Better Future. No matter how large we grow, Citizant will retain its collaborative, supportive, small-company culture, where successful team effort to address external and internal customer challenges is valued above all individual contributions.
- Provide LAN/WAN support in a small team environment providing full IT support in a geographically dispersed user community with <1000 users working with Tier 1, 2, and 3 level user support and systems administration team members to identify, troubleshoot, resolve connectivity issues; maintain LAN/WAN networks; and recommend innovations to improve LAN/WAN environments.
- Contribute to the technical team to ensure effective delivery of infrastructure services
- Monitor the health and performance of systems in scope of this role, executing standard maintenance, tuning and remediation actions in accordance with change management procedures
- Perform support and maintenance of legacy networking components
- Assist with escalated requests for assistance from the Help Desk personnel
- Assist less experienced personnel, sharing knowledge freely and cross-training
- Assist with Help Desk activities including rotational phone support
- Perform IT pre-fielding events as required (site walks, surveys, etc.).
- Interact with customers to build relationships.
- Provide escorts for Tier 4 vendor support as necessary
- Resolve at least 90% of trouble tickets assigned to Tier 2 personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
candidate must have 15 to 17 years’ of experience providing Tier 1, 2 and 3 level IT support, within which:
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience installing, deploying, and managing Microsoft enterprise services software such as Active Directory, DHCP, and DNS.
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience administering/managing LAN/WAN environments using
- monitoring tools such as Solarwinds and Cisco Prime Infrastructure customized to the organization’s and security requirements.
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience working within a Tier 3 Cisco network support environment designing, documenting, and supporting the LAN/WAN networks, supporting VPNs (Cisco AnyConnect and Direct Access solution), i.e. GRE tunneling and wireless solutions.
- Minimum 7-10 years’ of experience performing hands on implementation of network infrastructure including: core switches, edge switches, routers, bandwidth management appliances, and related HW/SW, including install, configure, maintain, upgrade IOS and router/switch configurations;
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred in a computer systems related field
Must currently have one of the following three certifications –
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or
- Cisco Certified Network Designer (CCND).
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Engineer (CCIE) is optional but a plus
- Candidate must have excellent organization skills, problem-solving skills, multitasking skills, and a can do attitude with a customer focus to succeed.
- Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to effectively interact with all levels of technical understanding and executive level managers.
- Candidate must possess excellent customer service skills (in person, email and over the phone)
- Candidate must possess very strong organizational skills, an ability to multi-task, and an ability to thrive in a busy and changing environment with a can do attitude.
- Candidate must be able to work in a team environment and independently.