This is a senior engineer position in the global networking team, working mainly on projects in various networktechnology areas. Projects can range from solution engineering of new technologies, to developing standards based on industry trends and best practice, to optimization of current infrastructure configuration for operational efficiency. Both lead and participate in group projects with global as well as regional team members through the design, implementation and support phases. Act as senior escalation point of operational issues, and be able to cross functional lines in troubleshooting complex problems.
Experience and Required Skillset
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Core Routing and Switching, design, configuration, troubleshooting and usage of recommended best practices
- Understanding of routing protocols BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, HSRP/VRRP and WAN connectivity DMVPN, MPLS.
- Understanding of Spanning-tree, VTP, Port Channels, VPC, RSPAN Monitoring, Multicast
- Working experience with emerging networktechnologies is a plus, for example SDN, SDWAN and Convergedinfrastructuretechnologies
- Experience building and implementing Infrastructure Automation strategy
- Experience in scripting (Python, Puppet/Chef, Ansible….etc.)
- Understanding of NetworkSecurity, including the design, configuration, and tuning security appliances
- Understanding and configuration experience of Cisco Wireless Controllers
- Networktroubleshooting skills, utilizing Wireshark, Netflow, Solarwinds and other tools
- Basic understanding of convergedinfrastructuretechnologies
- Manage external partner connections over dedicated circuits or VPN
- Knowledge of QOS configuration on IOSswitches, Cisco voice gateways, LLQ on WANrouters
- Maintain CA Spectrum network management system for real-time and proactive monitoring of all network resources
- Manage Global Server Load Balancing using Citrix NetScaler appliances, web content load balancing, site failover, certificate management
- Knowledge of VMware ESXi/NXS virtualization technology
- Contribute to long term network design strategy and roadmap, core networkarchitecture, establishment of engineering standards and best practice guides
Highly technical hands-on engineer with ability to troubleshoot all diverse hardware platforms and technical relationships
- Team and detail oriented, open and collaborative work ethic with a well-developed sense of ownership and responsibility, flexible, adaptable and easy to work with.
- Technical maturity to create and modify processes to maintain a controlled environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Effective and responsive interaction with both internal and external customers
- Ability to understand complex networking and business concepts and translate them into clear, concise and complete solutions