Position Title: Network Engineer
Position Number: 269742
Location: Charlotte, NC
Desired Skill Set:
CCIE, CCNP, Cisco, Ethernet, Infrastructure, LAN, MPLS, Networking
“Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates. “NETWORKING, MPLS, LAN, INFRASTRUCTURE, ETHERNET, CISCO, CCNP, CCIE,”
Job Title: Senior Network/Data Engineer
Location: CHARLOTTE, NC
Duration: 12+ Months
Responsible for translating business needs into technical solutions, and defining solutions to problems through reasoned application of information technology.
• Provides technical leadership and direction on new technologies to customer IT organization and the Client sales team to leverage technical advantages in support of the customers’ business plans.
• Participates in Operations and Governance meetings as the primary discipline representing technology strategies as needed by the customer.
• Provides direction to all Client engineering resources, and recommendations and guidance to all Customer engineering resources, including in the following areas:
o Design, configuration and documentation of Customer's IT infrastructure
o Risk assessment, security and compliance
o Adherence to architecture/technology/security standards
o Performance management and optimization
o Engineeringsupport related to the deployment of new equipment and services
o Planning and delivery of technology currency and technology refresh
• Provides technical support to the Operations Manager to assure change management compliance, maintenance support, configuration/documentation, related engineeringsupport and on-time project delivery
• Designs, develops, documents and analyzes overall architecture of systems, including hardware and software.
• Determines integrated hardware and software architecture solutions that meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability, and security needs.
• Coordinates design and integration of total system including subsystems. Researches and recommends technology to improve the current systems.
• Applies thought leadership and provides advice on multiple technologies and shapes the long-term direction of Client products/services.
• Seeks new knowledge and innovative methods across disciplines.
• Leverages subject matter/industry expertise, and applies in-depth knowledge of company goals to contribute to business opportunities.
• Uses sophisticated analytical thought and judgment to solve most complex or unique problems
• Develops integrated business solutions across organizations and models organizational standards for innovation
• Ensures products and services are aligned with customer's current and future needs and expectations.
• Directs projects of critical importance and works on next generation technologies and platforms.
• Performs technical leadership functions to ensure effective management and efficiency of all network changes.
• Participates in decisions to assess and upgrade IOS levels, topology architecture, capacity, and configuration management to provide specific improvements to customer's network.
• 7-10 or more years related technical architect experience
• Knowledge of Advanced Networktechnologies as well as technologies of the future
• Well-versed in enterprise architecture/IT strategies
• Proficient in access and transport technologies (MPLS, Ethernet, etc.)
• Proficient in engineering cost estimates and economic analyses and models.
• Proficient in Network and Systems architecture (subsystems, interfaces, hw/sw dependencies)
• Strong Cisco networking background.
Design and implementation experience around following devices:
o Routers – Cisco 2Ks, 3Ks, 4Ks, 5Ks, 7Ks, Cisco ASR 100 Series Aggregators
o Switches - Cisco Catalyst 3Ks and 4Ks, Cisco Nexus 5Ks and 7ks,
o Cisco Wireless LANs
• Cisco CCIE R&S, CCNP certified
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California will be administered in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.