CGI is looking for a Network Engineer in Albany, GA. Working independently and within a team, the Network Engineer will be responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of both wired and wireless devices and infrastructure.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
• Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
• Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
• Plan, Implement, Troubleshoot, wired and wireless networks, configure devices and peripherals
• Install and configure networked software
• Managing Cisco Wireless environments built on top of a controller based architecture
• Interface with MCLB-A networking and Infrastructure staff to troubleshoot and configure network devices
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5 Plus Years of Network Engineering experience
• Knowledge of layer 1/2/3 networking
• Exposure to Cisco hardware
• 4-6 years of experience with Cisco LAN and WAN equipment (Switches, Routers, and Wireless)
• CompTIA Security Plus certification or higher
• Understanding of implementation of DHCP and DNS
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Position ID: J1017-1805