CGG is a pioneering Technology Company providing world class fully integrated Geoscience services within the global Energy sector. Created in 1931, our history tells the story of a profession conducted with passion and of an adventure stretching across five continents. We employ in excess of 4,600 people worldwide, who bring a unique blend of talent and energy through working together to deliver unrivalled innovative solutions to our customers.
Through our cutting-edge Technology in Geoscience, we have achieved outstanding leadership with a strong focus on innovation and a commitment to delivering the best sustainable solutions to our clients' energy challenges. Based on the foundations of mathematics and applied physics, we bring our clients a unique range of technologies, manufactured equipment and services, designed to generate stunning 3D images of the Earth’s subsurface structures.
WHY WORK AT CGG?
- Highly intelligent and motivated coworkers who are industry leaders in seismic imaging.
- Energetic and challenging-yet-fun work environment, full of imaging problems to be solved and technologies to be developed.
- Excellent training and mentorship programs.
- We take care of our biggest asset – our people!
The primary purpose of this position is in the deployment and support of local (data center or branch office), regional, and global network architectures, resulting in consistent, reliable, secure, and, where appropriate, resilient communications for CGG. The overall objective is to directly support the local, regional, and global network managers in ensuring business units and the company as a whole receive world-class network connectivity and services.
- Configure and maintain network switches, routers, and any other network software or appliances according to current procedures, standards, and methodologies practiced in CGG
- Configure and maintain switching infrastructures in a High Performance Computing environment in CGG’s largest data center, including VXLAN, BGP, Automation, Telemetry, and life cycle management.
- Configure and maintain local area network (campus), using NAC (for wired and wireless) and various tools in order to deliver speed and security for our users and efficiency for our network engineers.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times, enabling the customers to do business quickly and efficiently using network technologies
- Support local, regional, and global networking projects (or any project that has a networking process within)
- Achieve, maintain and constantly advance networking skills
- Occasional after hours/weekend work required throughout the year, as well as part of on-call rotation.
- Collaborate directly with the network team and other IT teams to develop and support recommendations concerning network architectures
- Travel as required domestically and internationally to provide support and installation support to customers.
- Proven work experience as a network operations engineer in a High Performance Computing data center, including moderate understanding of large data center network principles, techniques, and protocols, including VXLAN, BGP, OSPF, MLAG.
- Experience in building and maintaining wide area network systems and architectures
- Aruba Clearpass and switching experience
- Moderate technical knowledge of network best practices
- Hands-on experience in configuring firewalls & VPNs
- Experience with with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Capability to clearly communicate information security concepts and risks
- Proven ability to lead a project from start to finish from the technical side
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in supporting Arista switches and architectures
- Experience in Scripting and Automation Tools (Python/Ansible)
- Experience in supporting Software Defined Networking (SDN & SD-WAN)
- Network certifications in any listed required or desired skills
- 5+ years of overall experience installing and supporting network systems and architectures for global companies
- 3+ years of overall experience maintaining large data center networks
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Availability to travel internationally up to 10%
- Fluent in English including full understanding of technical language as it relates to network design and hardware. Fluency in other languages a big plus.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States for this position. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.