As a Network Engineer, you will be analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, stabilizing, optimizing, and maintaining Cerner’s internal networkinfrastructure and related technologies and equipment.
You will monitor network status, network connectivity, switch operation, firewalls, load balancing technology, and router configuration using various utilities and commands.
Our Network Engineers provide direction and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations by interpreting and maintaining network diagrams, configurations, and/or other pertinent project or implementation documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in CIS, MIS, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or Business Administration (with emphasis in information systems) or and Associate's degree and a minimum of one year of related Cerner experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of network configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of Voice over IP (VoIP), Quality of Service (QoS), and carrier based network topology within the networkinfrastructure important for Network Engineers who support the corporate side of the network.
- Experience with routing/switching and network peripheral equipment including firewalls, load-balancers, IPv4/v6 preferred.
- Knowledge of networkinfrastructure including firewall management/support and load balancing technology.
- Knowledge of Cisco router and switch hardware, operating system, and configuration.
- Knowledge of F5 operating system and configuration.
- Knowledge of iRules for application traffic management.
- Scriptingexperience in Python or similar scriptinglanguage a plus.
- Certification or equivalent experience may be required in some areas as defined by management.
- Ability to travel 0-5% of the time.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
- Must be willing to relocation to Kansas City, MO or surrounding areas