SC3 is a leading provider of high-end mission support, consulting and technology solutions to the federal government in defense, intelligence, and civil markets, and to major corporations and nonprofit organizations. SC3’s national security efforts reach across the intelligence community and Department of Defense, providing full life-cycle operational and cyber support and differentiated capabilities to meet our customer’s challenging mission.
In addition to our government services area, SC3 provides cutting-edge competitive intelligence and strategic management consulting to commercial clients. Private industry leaders from the financial, health care, manufacturing and other sectors turn to SC3 to ensure that they have access to the most relevant, current, and strategically important information – not only to grow their businesses, but also to protect them.
- CompTIA Security+CE, or SSCP, or CCNA-Security, or GSEC
- 1 or more of the following: CCNA, CCNP, CCNP-Security, CCDP, JNCIS, JNCIP
Education: Bachelor’s degree or additional years of experience
Minimum Years of Experience: 5 Years, 7-9 if no degree
Additional Info: mixed IT experience is welcome but candidate must have at least 3 years Networkexperience.
Provide day-to-day network engineering and operational support for classified networkinfrastructure. Work on network related projects and report progress to customer. Recommend solutions for new equipment, software, network configuration, design, and management to include the detail, specification, hardware components, and part numbers. The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic and be a self-starter. They will possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team with little direct supervision.
- Installation, Configuration, and Maintenance Layer 2 and Layer 3 Network devices
- Expansion, Modification, Integration and Redundancy of the Network
- Diagnostics and Testing of Network using software/hardware tool suites
- Firewall Management: modify, add/remove policies.
- Traffic Analysis: NetFlow, SNMPv3 traps, syslog, Nuttcp, wireshark, etc.
- Network Research, Analysis, and Engineering
- Network Modeling and Simulation
- Assist customer with networksecurityaudits and inspections.
- Coordinate IT work with non-IT customers and site managers
- Work with other IT teams e.g. Sever, helpdesk, Information Assurance/Security, etc, to effectively meet customers’ needs.
- Follow established change procedures and implement the changes
- Validate and verify the proper functioning of network devices
- Excellent knowledge of Network and Internet technologies. Specifically L2 and L3 switching, basic routing, and networksecurity.
- Degree in Information Technology, Systems Management, electronics engineering, other engineering, computer science, or technical discipline. Equivalent experience is acceptable
- Must have experience with Installing, configuring, and maintaining switches, routers, firewalls, and othernetwork devices.
- Experience with DoD or other Federal government networks.
- Knowledge of DISA STIG and IAVM procedures
- VLAN, STP, and layer 2 switching, LAN Management
- Juniper, Palo Alto, FortiNet, and/or Cisco Firewalls.
- Interior and exterior routing protocols
- Network monitoring applications e.g. Solarwinds
- COMSEC accounting or handling policies training
- Working knowledge of 802.1x and RADIUS as it applies to networksecurity
- HAIPE Inline Network Encryption (Taclane) management
- Working knowledge of site-to-site VPN tunnels
Preferred Experience: knowledge of and/or experience with one or more of the following is desired
- RADIUS server experience
- TACACS experience
- IPsec site-to-site VPN
- Secure Copy Protocol (SCP)
- Knowledge of NTP
- Basic understanding of DNS
- Knowledge of PKI and IKE
- Linux experience
- MS Visio
- ITILv3 certification
- CISSP certification