More About the Role:
- Focus will be on Wireless Network Engineering
- Coordination of system maintenance, monitoring and installation of multiple LAN environments encompassing multiple specializations, platforms and technologies.
- Assist with research and implementation of wireless network solutions/capabilities/enhancements to support customer business/mission goals and objectives.
- Troubleshoot and resolve wireless network components.
- Evaluate and monitor health and performance of the network including hardware and management software.
- Develop and maintain a road map for capabilities, operations, and technologies.
- Assist with development and execution of test plans and supporting documentation of all network configuration upgrades, additions or revisions for customer approval before implementation.
- Support wireless network traffic analysis and bandwidth optimization efforts to ensure attainment of performance and availability objectives.
- Evaluate and report on new/emerging network/communication technologies to enhance capacity, performance and reliability of the network.
- Evaluate and recommend changes and/or technology upgrades to address performance, standardization and industry best practices
- Follows all Customer networksecurity processes and procedures, ensures compliance with all Government policies.
- Represent customer requirements in technical exchanges with other government agencies.
- Perform site surveys to new installations and technology refresh.
- Installs, maintains and troubleshoots satellite communications equipment.
- Develop and maintain networkarchitecture diagrams.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Security Clearance: active TS/SCI, with eligibility for CI polygraph
- Ability to work independently with little direction and guidance
- Ability to work weekends and evening hours as needed
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including the ability to develop analytical documents and present oral presentations to senior/executive management
- Proficient is MS Office suite – Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- May need to deploy in support of U.S. contingency operations, up to 180 days.
- 15+ years related technical experience in Network and Transport technologies, tools, and techniques
- 8+ years experience with large-scale enterprise/global networks in a high paced diverse environment
- 3+ years experience with design and implementation of wireless in a secure, accredited production environment.
- Understanding and experience with the DoD Architecture Framework and other key DoD networkarchitecture and strategic planning instructions
- Experience with CISCO and Juniper, switches, routers, Cryptographic devises, VPN and VPN client.
- Experience with accredited wireless products, such as HP/Aruba, operating in a secure environment
- Experience with Network analysis tools (CISCO Network Analysis Modules, Solar Winds Network Management, OPNET NetOne, HP Network Node Manager, etc.)
- Experience with CISCO firewall/VPN equipment (Adaptive Security Appliance, etc)
- Experience with supporting IP services to connect to NIPRNET, SIPRNET and JWICS (IPv4, VPN, IPv6, Multicast, QOS, SDN, SNMP, VOIP, VTC, etc)
- Experience with EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and multicast.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- CompTIA Security +
- CISCO CCNP, CCVP, CCNA or CCDP
- ITIL v3 Foundations
- ISC2 CISSP
Req #: 201007