• Analyze Core Local and Wide Area Networks to determine possible faults.
• Perform technical networkinvestigations for assigned ITIL Problems. This involves layer 1-4 issues in a state of the art MPLS based IP backbone, Core switches and DNS.
• Escalate Problems to external vendors as required.
• Identify root causes and suggest work-arounds where applicable.
• Perform proactive analysis and investigations to determine potential network Problems in customer environments.
• Participate in departmental process/procedures development.
• Investigate network problems to determined root cause and provide potential short/long term solutions to avoid re-occurrences.
• Mentor less experienced engineering and technical personnel.
• Maintain technical expertise, required industry certifications, and stay current with new and emerging networking technologies.
• Manage special projects as required.
• This position requires an individual that is able to manage multiple incidents in a fast-paced environment.
• Proof of US Citizenship
• Minimum five years industry experience in a design and engineering role in a large enterprise or service provider environment with the installation and support of a large IP network.
• Extensive working knowledge of routing protocols including BGP4, OSPF, ISIS and knowledge of the Internet concepts and routing architectures is required.
• Extensive working knowledge of spanning tree and layer two switching concepts is required.
• Working knowledge of load balancing technologies, firewalls and DNS is required
• Extensive working knowledge of Cisco IOS is required.
• Working knowledge of Juniper Routers and JUNOS software is required.
• CCNP, CCIE or other equivalent certifications is preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of data communication concepts and technologies is required.
• Ability to effectively use diagnostic tools is required.
• Ability to effectively work in a team environment, as well as, independently is required.
• Good organizational, time management and service delivery skills are required.
• Effective written and oral communication skills are required.
• Strong computer skills and proficiency in productivity tools are required.
• College Degree preferred, but will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience with a minimum educational requirement of a H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent.