Boingo Multifamily is growing! Already the recognized leaders in wireless networking, Boingo is investing in Multifamily. That means, as our Network Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to grow, right along with us. After all; don't you want to work at a company where the network IS the product? Our Network Engineer will create advanced network design concepts, detailed engineering packages, and associated documentation. Furthermore, the Network Engineer is responsible for configuring the network elements required to implement the specified network design and will help with issue identification and resolution in the production network.
Role and Responsibilities
- Create network design concept and packages including bill-of-materials (BOM)
- Turn-up & test new networks and corresponding services
- Function as a point of escalation for Network Operations regarding complex issues that arise.
- Interact with various inter and intra-departmental peer groups to cooperatively achieve best results in all assigned tasks
- Meet project time frames and budgets and work well cross-functionally.
- Wired Ethernet LAN's, Wireless LAN's (Wi-Fi), Active Ethernet solutions, GPON solutions, IP connected camera systems, Satellite TV video solutions & digital video distribution systems
- Knowledge of data network elements such as IP routers, Ethernet switches, firewalls, etc.
- Knowledge of IPv4 & IPv6 network technologies such as IP addressing (CIDR, VLSM, HEX), ARP, etc.
- Knowledge of Layer-2 network technologies including Ethernet LAN/MAN, IEEE standards 802.1x & 802.3xx and 802.1q VLAN tagging
- Knowledge of IP related protocols such as OSPF, RIP, BGP-4 is a plus
- Knowledge of the IEEE 802.11 wireless standards (e.g. a/b/g/n/ac/ax)
- 3-5 years of experience as an individual contributor within a service provider Network Architecture or Network Engineering group
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in operating systems to include Mac OS X, Windows 10, Unix (or Unix variants) and/or Linux experience is a plus.
- Must be willing and able to work some nights, weekends and holidays (we haven't yet invented the network that fixes itself!) we share the burden of off-hours across the team
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or computer science preferred
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) and Certified Wireless Network Professional (CWNP) or industry equivalent professional certification, a plus