The primary goal of the Network Engineer is to ensure the smooth operation of the voice and data networks in order to provide maximum performance and availability for the system users and production systems. They are responsible for installing, maintaining and supporting LAN, WAN, VoIP, and Wi-Fi infrastructures throughout the company. The Network Engineer provides high-level technical support for voice and data network systems, creates and maintains network documentation, maintains hardware and software standards, and works projects and tasks as needed in order to upgrade to new and/or improved communication equipment and procedures. They must be well versed with the advanced engineering and administration of routers, multilayer switches, networksecurity devices and network management systems. This position requires excellent analytical, problem management, organization, communication, and customer service skills.
As Our Network Engineer You Will:
- Daily management and maintenance tasks for network systems.
- Monitors networks and related systems performance and implements performance tuning and alerting.
- Provides an escalation resource for lower tier support.
- Provides guidance or direction to lower level support staff, and engages external vendor support as required.
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and document network issues.
- Maintains disaster recovery procedures for network systems.
- Works well both alone or in a team setting, and is expected to manage their time effectively.
- Conduct periodic audits, testing, and remediation in accordance with IT and PCI Audit policies.
- Maintain a highly secure infrastructure, protecting sensitive corporate data from internal and external threats.
- Respond to requests for assistance or information in a timely and professional manner.
- Participate in On-callsupport rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor?s degree (or equivalent work experience) and 3+ years experience working as a Network Administrator/Engineer in an environment supporting Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls. **Experience with Cisco IOS and IOS-XE multilayer switches and routers (2900/3750/3850/4500), Nexus 5000, ASA Firewalls, RSA, ISE, IPSEC and AnyConnect VPN.
- Experience with VoIP phone systems.
- Understanding of voice and data networks, including: Switches, Routers, Servers, Copper and Fiber Cabling/Optics, Racks/Cabinets, Firewalls, LAN, WAN/MPLS, TCP/IP, VPN, QoS, dynamic routing protocols, and server load balancing.
- Ability to document and implement a high level of security across all segments of the IT infrastructure.
- Excellent conceptualization, analytical, logic, and documentation skills.
- Must meet work deadlines, have regular attendance, good oral and written communication skills, high level of confidentiality, unquestionable ethics and integrity, good interpersonal skills, ability to work with a team, and ability to organize, and prioritize.
- Understanding of secure corporate Wi-Fi utilizing Cisco ISE and RSA MFA.
- CCNA preferred
- Experience with managing Cisco UCM and Unity systems, 4451-X ISR routers, Cat. 4500X VSS switching.
- Experience with performance monitoring and management tools such as Orion, Nessus, and Nagios
- Experience with Windows server, AD, and IIS operations and maintenance
- Financial industry experience a plus
- PCI ?DSS compliance
- Agile project methodology
Job Type: Full-time
- maintaining and supporting LAN, WANinfrastructure: 3years
- Cisco equipment maintenance: 3years
Required license or certification: