$80K — $100K *
The Network Engineer is responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving network issues; maintenance of networks, network hardware, software, and other related systems; protecting data, software, and hardware from attacks; and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary. Works on complex problems where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation of various factors. Works closely with the users of our network in order to identify potential issues and fix existing problems.
• Demonstrates excellent knowledge of WAN, Checkpoint, Cisco ASA, Fortigate and Palo Alto Firewalls, F5’s, Silverpeak, Arista, Juniper Pulse & switches, Meraki, Cisco (Nexus, catalyst, ACI, WLC) and Network Protocol Analyzer Tools to troubleshoot and fix end user and network connectivity issues.
• Fully supports, manages and enhances a Cisco VOIP infrastructure across multiple stores with over 600 endpoints.
• Maintains excellent knowledge of: EIGRP, Data Encryption, IGMP, TCP/IP, and UDP. ETHERNET, VoIP, UNIX, L2 THROUGH L4 PRINCIPLES, SNMP, Net Management and Diagnostic tools.
• Exhibits project management skills, tracking and reporting on projects with defined timelines and expected results.
• Maintains strategic relationships with vendors and their technical support personnel; works with vendors to isolate and fix bugs in networking equipment and has a lead role with respect to financial responsibility through researching, evaluating and recommending systems/network hardware and software.
• Maintains industry knowledge of building large data and voice networks.
• Monitors network hardware bugs and vulnerability assessments
• Performs analysis of current designs, hardware and software for the core infrastructure and alerts management and team; proactively makes the organization aware of needed modifications due to changes in technology or environment.
• Serves as primary lead in troubleshooting network related activities; acts as liaison for level 2 support and escalation point for open vendor trouble tickets; works issue to the appropriate level of criticality.
• Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline
• Minimum of 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience in Information Technology
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with complex, high available networks.
• Cisco Certification (current CCNA certification or greater)
• Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. Must be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including WAPs, firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers. A deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is highly desired
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both orally and verbally.
• Must be a team player with ability to explore new ideas, collaborate for solutions, and approach change with agility and an open mind.
Valid through: 11/9/2021
$150K — $190K + $20K bonus *
8 days ago