Relevant Work Experience:
- 4-5 years work experience in an IP Service provider environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field preferred or equivalent work experience in large scale service provider networks.
- Basic Computer Skills Required: Windows, MAC, Linux/Unix
- Working knowledge of IPv4 and IPv6 protocols (TCP/UDP, ICMP, ARP, IPv4/v6 addressing, Multicast/PIM)
- Working knowledge of Layer 2 Ethernet protocols: ether-channel as well as VLAN/TAGs
- Working Knowledge in layer 3 routing protocols (eBGP, iBGP, OSPF, OSPFv3 EIGRP, RIPv2) as well as Layer 3 devices.
- Working knowledge of IPv4 and IPv6 routing is required.
- Some Knowledge in MPLS and IPVPN/Layer 3 VPNs is required.
- Some TDM technologies is preferred however isn't required. EX: PPP, Frame Relay, HDLC
- Working Knowledge in Layer 1 technologies and connectors: DWDM, electrical, optics, cables, connectors etc
Relevant industry certifications and/or knowledge is required
Relevant Operating Systems/Chassis:
- Cisco ISR, ASR
- Juniper M, MX
- Cradle point
- Fortigate 60d
- Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, IOS-XR