What You Will Do
The Network Engineer role is to design, install, administer, and optimize network devices and related components in order to achieve high performance of the various network-delivered clinical and business applications. This includes ensuring the availability of applications, configuring network services, provide project support, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the network infrastructure. This position will interact with other Engineers and Technicians, and as such requires the ability to function effectively within a technical workgroup environment
- Act as technology point of contact in the design and review of network solutions and associated transport, application delivery and network performance; conduct capacity planning as needed.
- Provide L2/L3 technical support to applicable network issues
- Coordinate and participate in key process improvements as they relate to the network infrastructure in supporting both physical and virtual environments.
- Coordinate and collaborate with server, data center, backup/storage engineering teams and clinical/business application administration groups to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of network infrastructure to meet business demands.
- Work with the security team to establish and implement policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure network security.
- Check the service desk system for entries on network infrastructure issues; prioritize and respond to service desk tickets as appropriate.
- Serve as a strategic contact for the escalation of network issues; provide timely response to customer inquiries.
- Plan and implement network infrastructure upgrades, including identification of end-of-life/support equipment, maintenance activities including code versions and configuration management.
- Monitor and test system performance and provide performance statistics and reports.
- Help define and implement strategies for integrating disparate networking environments, integration of new entities and support of remote networks, including clinical offices and remote facilities.
- Recommend and execute modifications to network infrastructure environment in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Develop all site architectural diagrams, schematic materials and network documentation.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- 5 years equivalent work experience in a technical/engineering position responsible for managing large network infrastructures.
- Cisco CCNP or equivalent Avaya/Aruba/Fortinet/Juniper certification preferred. Demonstration of equivalent experience and knowledge is acceptable.
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting Local-Area Networks, Wireless Local Area Networks, and Wide-Area Networks.
- Demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP, STP, WiFi, VPN, and experience in maintaining Firewall services.
- In-depth technical experience working with and troubleshooting multi-vendor Networking Environments (Avaya/Juniper/Aruba/Fortinet/Cisco)
- While the current network environment is mixed-vendor, the following vendors are the go-forward standards: Avaya, wired networking; Aruba, wireless networking; Fortinet, security devices; Juniper, routing; Pulse, client remote access
- In-depth knowledge of IT standards, concepts, best practices, and procedures (ITL, EIA/TIA, IEEE)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for purposes of both communicating with IT team members as well as to other staff members
- Ability to take initiative & manage multiple detailed tasks in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Excellent organizational and project management abilities.
- Experience with network performance tuning and monitoring tools.
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery experience.
- Strong understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience with contributing to technical teams in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to fulfill periodic On-Call requirements and the flexibility to support a 24/7 work environment.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the year, though this travel will typically be grouped
- Understanding and previous use of networking tools such as Solarwinds, Wireshark, and Riverbed.