Exceptional interpersonal skills, is client focused, and has a proven track record of delivering best in class service and networking solutions. Ability to work in and execute to transform a legacy network to modern standards and be passionate about emerging technologies across more than 1000 sites and 5 major datacenters.
•Must have technical hands on experience configuring, staging, implementing, testing and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches, along with firewall devices.
- Manage vendors to absolute top performance across a delay laden telecom industry
- Maintain accurate diagrams and configurations for all network devices and power equipment
- Prepare engineering job packages consisting of detailed parts / equipment lists, and appropriate documentation (drawings, network diagrams, configurations, etc.).
- Utilize Cisco proprietary systems and software (ASA, IPS, Catalyst (all), ASR, Voice/Call manager), SSH, Port Authority, IPAM, Solarwinds, Mazu, DNS, Wireshark, Fortinet, Check point Vendor web-portals as required, TCP/IP, Cisco IOS, Layer 3 Switching, OSPF, HSRP, IPSEC, SSL, AAA, SNMP QOS/class of services, VoIP, Incident Response, and Network Management Practices.
- Support the migration and turn-up of both private and public WAN circuits to a new architecture supporting MPLS, BB, DIA appropriately over Fiber and Ethernet handoffs alike
- Troubleshoot and provide root cause analysis; at packet level where required
- Operate datacenter level systems, protocols and accesses
- Ability to assist and support field staff remotely to trouble shoot and implement network changes
- Troubleshooting Networking and Data Center technologies
- Experience in the following technology areas: Working knowledge of Microsoft Visio and terminal emulation.
- Understanding of communication technology and fundamentals.
- Ability to take direction and follow documented standards and procedures.
- Effective verbal & written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with little direct supervision.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills to support successful performance in a team environment.
- Growth in technical skills through certifications (CCNA/CCNP) or other similar achievements is desired.
- 4+ years of experience
- Networking architect design
- LAN/WAN router/switch and firewall configurations & troubleshooting
- Voice system engineering
- Experience with QOS, SNMP, VOIP, SIP, MPLS, BGP, OSPF and MPLS networking
- Experience with BGP, OSPF, and MPLS.
- Network Security
- Expertise in Genesys Contact Centers, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity and Contact Center Design
- Aruba wireless networking
- Project Management
- Vendor management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills