2727 N Central Ave, Phoenix, Arizona 85004 United States of America
As a member of the Network Engineering team, the Network Engineer will be a multi-talented individual, with working knowledge of network management protocols, networking architecture, firewall and compliance standards. The candidate will have experience configuring, administering, and deploying network devices within a complex environment.
- Complete iteration projects and tasks to a defined schedule and keep project management updated with progress.
- Provide technical input and recommendations on proposals / projects.
- Ensure proposed solutions include monitoring, reporting, backup, redundancy and are scalable and meet the needs of the business.
- Document all changes made to the network / devices.
- Lead key process improvement initiatives to support business continuity and reliability of system infrastructure. Develop recommendations and execute systems solutions for enhancing current processes.
- Analyze, monitor, document and troubleshoot business processes for optimal system performance, compliance with customer requirements and management awareness.
- Provide immediate response to trouble tickets in a timely fashion and in compliance with standards.
- Complete change requests / tasks on time and to schedule.
- Provide on-call 24/7/365 advanced troubleshootingsupport on production systems, services & infrastructure.
- Minimum 5-7 years of work experience as a network engineer working with Cisco network based environments.
- Cisco CCNP or equivalent Networking experience
- Cisco ASA Firewalls, IOS and NXOS
- Cisco ACI, VXLAN and SDLAN technologies.
- Extensive experience using the following protocols TCP/IP, SSL, LACP, LLDP/CDP, EIGRP, HSRP, SNMP, STP, VPC, VDC, RADIUS, TACACS+, Policy based routing
- NMS (PRTG, Solarwinds)
- Knowledge of: VMWare vSAN and NSX technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Ability to conduct research into new technologies and products
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Strong organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to analyze issues, use sound judgment, and solve complex problems
- Proficient in multi-tasking
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment across multiple time zones
- Understanding of development and project management processes and methodologies
- Understanding of industry trends as well as successful strategies and product roadmaps
- Strong strategic planning capabilities with proven hands on implementation experience
- Strong troubleshooting / problem solving
- College diploma or university degree with a Technical Major, such as Engineering or Computer Science; equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of education requirement
- At least three years’ experience in engineering integration position
- Occasional inspection of cables and wiring in floors and ceilings.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.