Industry: IT Consulting/Services•
Not Specified years
Posted 284 days agoby Gagan Kapoor
Position Title: Network Engineer
Position Number: 277398
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Desired Skill Set:
Aruba, CheckPoint 1, Cloud, Data Center, DNS, HTTP, Network Design, Security, Virtualization, VMWare
Job Title: NetworkSecurity Engineer
Location: Alpharetta, GA 30005
Duration: 36+ Months
The engineer would have a good understanding of basic routing and switching technologies across multiple vendors such as Cisco, HP, Aruba and Checkpoint. The engineer should have mid-level or advanced level experience within a data center environment. The individual should be able to interact with team members and third party vendors to gather and understand requirements; communicate the scope of the project/service; deliver high quality and courteous service; and provide detailed documentation of work performed. The engineer would provide day to day technical support, implementation and testing of network and server components in Data Center network based on Cisco and HP networking.
This individual will provide daily operational assistance which include providing support for the local network in troubleshooting, fulfilling requests and providing local hands and eyes. This would include creating implementation plans and test plans to support ongoing change management requirements. From time to time the contributor will be asked to identify and suggest ways to improve the customer experience through tools, processes, innovative ideas, etc.
The candidate for this position will have Skills / Experience with:
1. Solid understanding of standard networking protocols such as TCP/IP, firewalls, IP addressing, subnetting, NAT, QoS, IPSec, SSL, FTP, SMTP, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, DHCP, ICMP, etc.
2. Solid understanding of standard cabling/wiring standards and termination requirements including UTP/STP, Ethernet, fiber optics, T1s and various Ethernet converters
3. Be considered an advanced level troubleshooting and support resource on at least one networktechnology such as Cisco, Juniper or HP networking and has knowledge of equipment, protocols, technologies, services, and monitoring tools.
4. Implementation of quality of service on a network
5. Have packet level capture and analysis capabilities.
6. Design, implementation, support and management experience in Complex LAN/WAN environments
7. Working knowledge on any hardware (Servers/Blades) like HP/Sun/IBM/Dell and corresponding tools like Insight Manager, Open Manage, IBM Director, Client Insight, etc.
8. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite products including Visio and Power point.
?Experience with HP Service manager or ITIL service methodologies
? Knowledge of F5 product suite including BIG IP, LTM , GTM , APM
?Experience with HP Networking and checkpoint firewalls
? Hands on experience on Virtualization, Cloud Computing, Cluster and Storage concepts
? Good working Knowledge of Backup and Recovery mechanisms
? Excellent understanding of networking and firewall technologies
? Complex LAN/WAN environments (design, implementation, support and management)
? Server and desktop virtualization using products such as VMWare, Hyper V and Citrix
? HP network equipment preferred but other candidates will be considered.
?Experience with Cisco, Lync or Avaya Voice
These would be a PLUS:
1. Leading end-to-end technical implementation and testing of network components in Data Center network with Cisco and HP networking hardware
2. Considered SME in technology field and has expert knowledge of equipment, protocols, technologies, services, and monitoring tools.
3. Solid understanding of standard networking protocols such as TCP/IP: IP addressing, subnetting, NAT, QoS, IPSec, SSL, FTP, SMTP, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, DHCP, ICMP, etc.
4. Knowledge of F5 product suite including BIG IP, LTM , GTM , APM
5. Experience with HP Networking and checkpoint firewalls
6. Prior experience in any of these industries: Datacenter, ISP, Service provider
7. Deep packet level capture, analysis and troubleshooting
8. Implementation of quality of service on an enterprise network
9. Working knowledge on any hardware (Servers/Blades) like HP/Sun/IBM/Dell and corresponding tools like Insight Manager, Open Manage, IBM Director, Client Insight, etc.
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California will be administered in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.