Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is currently seeking an AWS Network Engineer. This position is located in Fairfax, Va. The select candidate will be part of a transformation that leverages the Amazon Cloud Services (AWS) to build big data capabilities. The Network Engineer with a network infrastructure security focus will support a large complex physical and AWS environment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- · Planning, design, and installation of network devices to support architecture designs, strategies and compliance. This individual must be collaborative and have good written and oral communication skills.
- · Participation in the team review of network configuration prior to implementations
- · Implementation of configuration changes
- · Support and Maintenance activities
- · User Service Requests – monitor, resolve, update and close tickets
- · User Service Restoration Requests – monitor, resolve, update and close tickets
- · Assist in documenting of network infrastructure component
- · Assist in developing and documenting procedures and processes
- · Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, and a minimum of 9 years related experience
- · Active TS/SCI/Poly
- · Understanding of planning, design, and implementation experience in networking in a large AWS enterprise.
- · Working knowledge of network related Cisco platforms: Firewalls, routers, LAN switches, load balancing systems, remote access systems, network management and capacity planning systems.
Working knowledge/understanding of the following:
- · Analysis of Data Flows
- · IP addressing
- · OSI model
- · Ethernet
- · Wireless
- · EIGRP
- · BGP
- · MPLS
- · ASA, VPN Concentrators
- · Working knowledge of using diagnostic and management tools
- · Cisco Certification/Network+ Certification
- · Understanding of AWS cloud technology
- · AWS Certification