Designs and plans network communications systems. Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture. Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network design.
Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- 5+ years of experience as a network engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline
- Must possess a Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certificate
- Requires expert knowledge to effectively resolve highly-complex and difficult hardware, software, and/or integration problems for devising unique solutions to meet client requirements.
- TS/SCI with Counter Intelligence Poly required to be considered
- US Citizen
- 8 years of experience as a Network Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to successfully participate in a collaborative team environment. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Excellent communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and in writing) with team members, managers, and clients on highly-complex and difficult engineering/software issues pertaining to assigned tasks.
- Possess a TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance
- Possess a Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Experience with leading the network management and network security in an enterprise environment
- Experience with developing network engineering artifacts such as network diagrams, topology maps, etc.
- Experience with U.S. Government certification and accreditation processes, methodologies, and requirements
- Experience with the following systems: Linus/Windows, Cisco Systems, Juniper Systems, and Networking: Switches, Routers, Firewalls, LAN, WAN
- CCNP+ preferred
- Experience with Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) preferred