The Network Development Manager for Brown & Toland Physicians will have major responsibility for the development and implementation of effective strategies and tactics to attract and integrate new practices into Brown & Toland. The position will also be involved with succession planning and the identification of expansion opportunities within existing practices.
- Development and analysis of market data, physician referrals and other lead-generation activities in order to identify potential recruitment targets
- Initiate contact and establish communications with independent practices to secure their interest in joining Brown & Toland Physicians. Develop and cultivate strong, productive relationships with prospective physicians through direct, in-person, regular communication.
- Participate in the implementation and/or development of communication and outreach programs (e.g., mail campaigns, dinner meetings, conferences, presentations) designed to solicit interest from external practices
- Provide support for practice evaluations, financial reviews and business proposals for established practices
- Assist with networking activities with existing Brown & Toland physicians to inform and educate existing providers on recruitment activities and to actively engage Brown & Toland physicians in the recruitment process
- Assist with the recruitment activities and initiatives to develop enhanced strategies and tactics which will increase the rate and number of successful integration efforts
- Prepare activity reports to allow for effective monitoring and analysis of recruitment efforts related to practice acquisitions
Other Related Activities:
(Examples of other recruitment-related activities related to this position)
- Database Development – Assist with the development and refinement of recruitment and "contact" databases to support recruitment program including target physicians by community, contact reports and ad hoc reporting, as needed
- Sales and Communications – Assist with the ongoing evaluation, development and implementation of effective "collateral" materials that support the recruitment effort and represent Brown & Toland at professional conferences and other recruitment venues
- Market Assessment- Effectively assess health care market trends and implement or recommend for final approval administrative, contractual changes. Directly communicate such trends to prepare physicians for market shifts significantly impacting their revenue/business structure (i.e. termination of products, employer strategies, dramatic market declines)
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of equivalent education and training
- Minimum 5 years prior experience in health care or health care-related position including provider/physician relations, practice management, medical and/or pharmaceutical sales, recruitment or related activities
- Knowledge of working with physicians and networks in an IPA setting is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of health care sales, marketing or communications methods
- Proven ability in establishing successful professional relationship and business development initiatives
- Demonstrated project management capability and ability to effectively handle multiple assignments
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office applications e.g., Word, Excel, etc.
- Ability to travel 75% within Northern California Bay Area
- Master's degree in health care or business administration
- Strong organization, quantitative, analytic and communication skills
- Strong orientation to customer service and support, sales or marketing experience