$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
The Design Engineer will support moderately complex enterprise architectures by assisting Sr. Design Engineers with developing and implementing detailed design, configuration and engineering strategies/solutions for one or more technologies within assigned technical area of expertise. Ensures that capability, flexibility, scalability, performance and reliability objectives are met or exceeded for a variety of efforts including small projects. In collaboration with the team ensure viable designs, flawless execution, seamless transition into the production environment, and effective transition to Operations for ongoing support.
- Independently perform moderately difficult assignments in the design, detailed configuration, integration and support of existing and future technologies within assigned technical area of expertise.
- Responsible for planning, designing, reviewing and approving robust, stable, scalable and manageable designs.
- Perform problem diagnosis, initiate problem resolution and provide ongoing life-cycle support for technology deployments and upgrades.
Delivery & Documentation
- Create and maintain detailed design documents, diagrams, engineering specifications, configurations, technical implementation plans, models, troubleshooting and support guides, systems metrics, and overall project information (including key deliverables).
- Responsible for the technical correctness and completeness of engineering designs, implementations, transitions to Operations for support and related artifacts.
- Ensure that build activities are completed per engineering diagrams and in alignment with architecture and security standards.
Leadership & Partnerships
- Manage effective relationships and work in partnership with leadership, team members, vendors, and contractors to deliver robust technical solutions that are stable, secure, scalable and manageable.
- Provide technical subject matter expertise in designing and implementing stable, secure and manageable solutions
- Mentor, coach and contribute to the development of peers and other team members as appropriate.
- Utilize performance data and historical metrics to effectively: plan for growth needs; plan upgrades, migrations, optimizations and new implementations; identify and resolve efficiency issues; and improve overall functionality.
Analysis & Problem Solving
- Recommend, deploy and document design strategies and solutions for software/hardware/network engineering problems, based upon comprehensive and thoughtful analysis of business goals, objectives, requirements and existing technologies.
Processes, Standards & Best Practices
- Participate and provide input into the continual refinement of processes, policies and best practices to ensure optimal availability/stability, performance, security and supportability of technologies.
- Continuously develop specialized knowledge and technical subject matter expertise by remaining apprised of industry trends, the direction of emerging technologies, and their potential value to the business.
Valid Through: 2019-10-18