Network Deployment Lead
5 - 7 years experience • Networks
Core Job Duties
· Manage the delivery of large-scale networkinfrastructure projects involving dark fibre, leased circuits, collocation, space and power, inside plant fibre, IP Transit, and Peering connectivity from inception through delivery.
· Corporate office network deployment and implementation
· Identify and implement monitoring tools to monitor every facet of the network
· Provide technical support and problem resolution for the most obtuse network questions
· Participate in the development of the automation tools
· Assist upstream planning, design and acquisition teams in developing infrastructure requirements, priorities, and delivery date expectations. Manage project scope changes.
· Lead kickoff and regular project status meetings while keeping downstream teams aware of project and delivery status. Manage exceptions and communicate issues and risks to the rest of the organization.
· Obtain, distribute and maintain all vendor handover documentation, i.e. LOA/CFA (Letter of Authority, Customer Facility Assignment), DLR (Design Layout Record) Completion notification, test results and technical drawings while working with vendors to coordinate and facilitate service and site acceptance activities.
· Develop and maintain all documentation to ensure consistently brilliant standards of operation
· You will manage a team so supervisory/lead/management experience is a must to be successful in this role
· 5+ years’ experience minimum in NetworkEngineering or Deployments for large-scale networks in a corporate environment
· CCNP and/or JNCP required, CCNA preferred, CCIE is even better
· Understanding of networkinfrastructure and Layer 1-3network services and technologies, including dark fibre, DWDM, Ethernet, and IP.
· Experiencewith Layer 2 protocols (STP, UDLD, CDP, LLDP, ARP, VTP etc)
· Experiencewith Layer 3 protocols (TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, IPv4/IPv6)
· ExperiencewithWANTechnology (MPLS, VPN, DMVPN)
· Scripting and automation experience strongly preferred