We are looking for Network Data & Security Engineer for our client in Fort Collins, CO
Job Title: Network Data & Security Engineer
Job Location: Fort Collins, CO
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- Hands on experience on High end Switches (Cisco Nexus7K,5K,2K, Cisco 6500, 4500, 3750 and 2900 Series) and Routers (ASR and ISR platforms).
- Should be able to handle complex issues.
- Experience of designing & managing large scale networkinfrastructure and Data Centers.
- In depth knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting switching technologies like STP, VTP, Multicast, QOS.
- In depth knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting routing protocols (BGP, OSPF and EIGRP).
- Detailed knowledge of network concepts such as MPLS, STP, HSRP/VRRP, Load Balancing, and WAN Optimization.
- Ability to provide Data center solutions independently on the Cisco Nexus.
- Extensive experience in Layer 2 & Layer 3 technologies Install and configure network solutions using routers, switches, and security devices from various vendors.
- Demonstrate solid networking and securityexperience.
- Good understanding of IPSEC VPN.
- Good understanding of Incident and Change Management procedures.
- Experience in information gathering, planning, and execution of large and complex networksecurity projects such as migrations and/or upgrades is an absolute requirement
- Protects system by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
- Find security gaps by performing routine audits of hardware and software entities on the network and closing those gaps.
- Apply operating system updates, patches and make configuration changes to tighten security.
- Upgrade, manage, and maintain VPN concentrators, routers, and otherNetwork equipment.
- Monitor networks and make any necessary repairs utilizing available network tools before they cause network outages.
- Knowledge of security best practice guidelines (ISO 17799, NIST, etc.)
- Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
- Upgrades system by implementing and maintaining security controls.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Relevant professional experience including working knowledge of the following technologies:
- TCP/IPnetworking including IP classes, subnets, multicast, NAT.
- WINS, DNS, and DHCP, Networktroubleshooting.
- Microsoft OS and Server technologies.
- Remote access methods.
- Backup and disaster recovery methodologies.
- Patch management technologies and processes.
- Wireless protocols and services.
- Network analysis tools.
- Familiarity with UNIX a plus
- Hands on experience with firewalls, routers, bridges, switches and gateway devices, appliances and software.