We are looking for Network Data & Security Engineer for our client in Fort Collins, CO
Job Title: Network Data & Security Engineer
Job Location: Fort Collins, CO
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- Hands on experience on High end Switches (Cisco Nexus7K,5K,2K, Cisco 6500, 4500, 3750 and 2900 Series) and Routers (ASR and ISR platforms).
- Should be able to handle complex issues.
- Experience of designing & managing large scale networkinfrastructure and Data Centers.
- In depth knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting switching technologies like STP, VTP, Multicast, QOS.
- In depth knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting routing protocols (BGP, OSPF and EIGRP).
- Detailed knowledge of network concepts such as MPLS, STP, HSRP/VRRP, Load Balancing, and WAN Optimization.
- Ability to provide Data center solutions independently on the Cisco Nexus.
- Extensive experience in Layer 2 & Layer 3 technologies Install and configure network solutions using routers, switches, and security devices from various vendors.
- Demonstrate solid networking and securityexperience.
- Good understanding of IPSEC VPN.
- Good understanding of Incident and Change Management procedures.
- Experience in information gathering, planning, and execution of large and complex networksecurity projects such as migrations and/or upgrades is an absolute requirement
- Protects system by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
- Find security gaps by performing routine audits of hardware and software entities on the network and closing those gaps.
- Apply operating system updates, patches and make configuration changes to tighten security.
- Upgrade, manage, and maintain VPN concentrators, routers, and otherNetwork equipment.
- Monitor networks and make any necessary repairs utilizing available network tools before they cause network outages.
- Knowledge of security best practice guidelines (ISO 17799, NIST, etc.)
- Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
- Upgrades system by implementing and maintaining security controls.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Relevant professional experience including working knowledge of the following technologies:
- TCP/IPnetworking including IP classes, subnets, multicast, NAT b. WINS, DNS, and DHCP, Networktroubleshooting c. Microsoft OS and Server technologies d. Remote access methods e. Backup and disaster recovery methodologies f. Patch management technologies and processes g. Wireless protocols and services h. Network analysis tools i. Familiarity with UNIX a plus
- Hands on experience with firewalls, routers, bridges, switches and gateway devices, appliances and software.