Job Title: Network Data Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Papillion, NE / New Albany, NY / Richmond, VA / Forest City, CA / Menlo Park, CA
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- While working in ENS DC, our job duties at a very high level are to maintain the fleet of network devices.
- Maintaining the fleet requires to monitor, react, respond, troubleshoot, and fix the alerts, alarms, and issues in various network devices including but not limited to Cisco, Juniper, Arista, HP, Force10 switches and routers.
- With the huge number of devices customer in datacenters, over time fans, power supplies, optics, cables and sometimes whole devices fail.
- ENS DC Team job is to identify what pieces and parts have failed, and then fix or replace those parts to ensure the network devices run optimally and redundantly.
- Another piece of maintaining the fleet is troubleshooting links between network devices.
- Many types of errors can occur on a link and it's our job to identify if there is an issue, then troubleshoot the issue to find the root cause, fix the issue, document what we have fixed and make sure asset databases are updated.
- Install large-scale production and corporate networkinfrastructure including routers, switches, console servers and optical transport equipment.
- Physically troubleshoot various network components on networkinfrastructure including routers, switches, console servers and optical transport equipment.
- Provide onsite networksupport and expertise for all teams on the local data center. Liaison for remote networking teams.
- Verify capacity, draining traffic, suppressing alarms before replacing; optics, line cards, sup cards.
- Troubleshooting network link/device/configuration issues, isolating the problem, fixing the problem.
- Creating new RMA requests through OEM vendors for both replacement devices, as well as obtaining technical assistance when troubleshooting devices.
- Tracking, maintaining and updating asset inventory of defective and replacement parts.
- Troubleshoot, tracing , looping links to locate the physical issue.
- Tracing and isolating cables through patch panels.
- Testing and cleaning fiber optic cables, and optical interfaces.
- Schedule and perform network maintenance, repair, and upgrade tasks as needed while limiting the impact on the production network
- Use internal software, tools, and scripts to configure, monitor, and repair network equipment
- Working with other teams such as facilities and DC Ops to enlist their assistance with items such as power and rack draining.
- Perform queue management for alarms, tasks, and incidents and participate in ongoing deployment projects
- There is a significant amount of lifting, walking, pushing carts, carrying heavy devices, and climbing ladders involved.
- We will also be using power tools for various tasks.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux OS, CLI navigation, Cisco IOS, Juniper OS and bash.
- Auditing switch locations, first locating switch in data center environment by following Building, Suit,Row,Column, and Rack position.
- Updating the database with all changes and randomly cross referencing for troubleshooting.
- The ideal candidate will have 7+ years' experience in data center networksupport
- Experience with Cisco and Juniper Enterprise and Service Provider network hardware platforms and architectures including data center switching platforms.
- Strong working knowledge of routing and switching technologies and protocols
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and utilize troubleshooting skills, systems and tools, and creative problem solving abilities under pressure