Job Title: Network Data Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Greensboro, NC
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- 5+ years of Experience in Cisco Domain having
Must Have Knowledge:
- Experience on troubleshooting & managing Enterprise Network (MUST)
- Experience on implementation, troubleshooting and managing ISP WAN, BGP & troubleshooting(MUST)
- Troubleshooting knowledge on Nexus Switches
- Good knowledge on routers and switches (as Cisco 6500,ASR9K)
- In-depth trouble shooting and problem analysis skills
- Self-motivated to take ownership of projects without much supervision
Required Job Experience:
- Assist customers in troubleshooting hardware/software related issues on various Cisco Switching platforms mainly Catalyst and Nexus portfolios.
- Should have implementation experience in Cisco Nexus.
- Data centre movement, knowledge and troubleshooting
- Hands on Experience on configuring and troubleshooting F5 load balancer.
- Analyze, Configure and Troubleshoot Core, Distribution, Access layer switches and networks.
- Responsible for designing and implementing Routing & Switching solutions (including STP).
- Configuring VLAN'S, Issue when configuring EXTENDED range of VLAN'S Load sharing over parallel trunk links
- Basic knowledge of EIGRP and BGP design, implementation, and troubleshootingexperience in an enterprise environment.
- BPDU Guard, Loop Guard, UDLD, BPDU.
- ETHERCHANNEL negotiation protocols, ETHERCHANNEL load sharing, PORTFAST, BACKBONEFAST,UPLINKFAST
- STP, MSTP,RSTP : Troubleshoot STP Loops and Port in Err-disable mode
- IP routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP). QoS (LAN and WAN)
- Proactively and continuously improving all aspects of the teams operation remit.
- Responsible for Acting as a point of escalation for network issues (Event handling and incident resolution)
- End to end ownership of customer service requests. Collaborates with all relevant stakeholders internal and external, and acts as focal point until the problem is resolved.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong Networking and in-depth knowledge in Cisco switching and routing technologies.
- Solid experiencesupporting and configuring medium to large enterprise LANs
- Troubleshoot product and network problems of high complexity. Has strong in-depth knowledge in LAN Switching technologies.
- Good Customer handling skills. Ability to handle tough situations effectively.