I. Job Purpose
- Provides global Network Administration, working closely with Network Administrators to ensure the LAN and WAN are running efficiently, are patched, updated and tuned to the highest level of performance. Utilizes best practices to maximize network uptime; network redundancy, and enabling the business to work effectively
- Provides global Data Center Administration to maximize the operational performance and efficiency of data center systems through monitoring and ensuring systems are patched, updated and tuned. Stays current with best practices for maintaining physical Data Center components and virtual Data Center components. Responsible for data security and access controls for local servers. In addition, maintains uptime for local servers and will work with vendors to ensure outage tickets are done in a timely manner
- Provides Desktop Technical Support, while also responding to and resolving deskside second-level technical support issues escalated by Help Desk Analysts or submitted by IT clients via self-service. May be a member of project teams, or lead IT projects.
Global IT Network Support:
- Perform system analysis, and reporting of multiple systems within the network
- Create proper documentation of current and new solutions to ensure repeatable Run operations
- Create network diagrams and maintains existing documentation as changes are implemented
- Remain abreast of industry standards and best practices for infrastructure technologies
- Active member of KSEA Stafford Business Continuity Team
- Assist with Disaster Recovery System tests
- Performs network monitoring and recommendation on changes, performance gaps, and upgrades
- Provides Networking and VPN support for remote contracting teams in order to maintain efficiency in utilization of contracting resources by allowing access to internal Engineering networks.
Global IT Data Center Systems Support:
- Provides support with VM and Server Infrastructure Maintenance for Development and Testing within Engineering.
- Provides Imaging and Maintenance of backups, redundancy and snapshots of VMs/Servers.
- Provides access and maintenance support for Cloud Infrastructure used in Development and Testing.
- Provides high-quality customer service by ensuring that support services are delivered to meet business partners’ needs and expectations.
- Identify process improvement opportunities on the Service Desk Support. Seek to continually improve the services provided within Global IT
- Provide deskside support to resolve incident and service request tickets submitted via self-service.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of support procedures, business area processes, desktop applications and tools through established knowledge management tools.
- Supports all onboarding and offboarding activities for employees and contractors
- Supports maintenance and troubleshooting of conferencing systems
- Supports telephony requests as needed
- Resolve any potential printing, network or IT relevant concerns as needed for manufacturing and distribution
II. Minimum Knowledge, Experience, Education and Skill Requirements
- Four-year College Degree or equivalent
- IT related experience in Desktop Support, Network Administration and Data Center Operations plus qualifications described below:
- 7 years work experience within IT
- 3+ years work related experience in Datacenter and/or Network preferred
- MCSE Certifications preferred
- CISCO Certification preferred
- Experience with current Microsoft technologies
- Knowledge of technical infrastructure, Networking and system operations
- ITIL certification preferred
- Knowledge of physical servers from – Cisco USC, IBM System X, Dell PowerEdge
- Working knowledge of VMware vSphere
- Working knowledge of Citrix XenDesktop
- Working knowledge of SAN Storage Systems – NetApp, EMC and IBM
- Working Knowledge of physical datacenter components – UPS, Generators, Cooling, Environmental Monitoring
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to collaborate and effectively work in teams
- Proven ability to self-manage and work with minimal supervision
- Must be service-oriented
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- German language skills and international work experience are preferred
- Knowledge of Visio, MS Project and MS Office is highly desirable
- Proven process analysis and improvement skills
- Must be self-motivated team player.
III. Essential Function
Must be able to maintain productive working relationships and treat fellow employees with respect.
IV. Core Requirements
Authority to Sign (not applicable for North America):
Other duties consistent with the general nature and focus of the job and/or the goals and objectives of the department may be assigned.