Harris Corporation is seeking a Network Control Specialist that will provide monitor for analyze troubleshoot network problems within an operations center utilizing network management and monitoring tools. This position monitors the alarm conditions on the network to proactively identify and minimize disruption and impact to the network, and it is part of a 24x7 network control environment, working shifts including weekends when needed.
- Perform root cause analysis to determine a plan of action for restoring customer’s services
- Operate across a myriad of internal Harris teammates and external telecommunication partners to follow-through with operational processes and improve restoration times
- Facilitate coordination with our User Community, the Harris Corporation Field Services Group, and telecommunication partners for both Break/Fix actions, as well as Change Management activities
- Document Trouble Tickets and Change Requests of all related activities
- Work in a 24x7 network control environment, including weekends when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications Engineering, Networking, Information Technology or related field with 3 or more years of experience; or at least 11 years of related work experience with a HS Diploma.
- 3+ years of experience with domain knowledge of L1 through L4 of the OSI Model.
- 3+ years of experience working with L2 and L3 protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, IBGP, EBGP, IS-IS, and MPLS.
- 3+ years of experience working with Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Network Management System (NMS) applications used to monitor networked devices.
- 3+ years of experience working with Long Term Evolution (LTE), VPN, and DMVPNtechnologies.
- 3+ years of experience with Management practices and familiarity with the Wiki Markup Language.
- Ability to support short-term emergency evacuation to local or remote backup facilities.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with call center phone systems and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experiencerequired in maintaining high service levels in a demanding customer support services environment
- CCENT, CCNA, or CCNP preferred.
- ITIL v3 preferred.