The Network Control Administrator is part of the team that supports, facilitates, maintains and improves the Information Technology network structure oversight and operations. Responsibilities include overall enterprise oversight of IP communications across high availability data centers, remote office sites and third party business partners. Under general direction, the Network Analyst is responsible for the operational support and maintenance for network systems including: WAN/LAN, internet/intranet/extranet, Juniper routers, wireless, MPLS and VoIP along with the delivery of corporate and business unit objectives. The successful candidate will proactively monitor networks to provide stable, dependable services across multiple platforms.
- Plan, architect, and deploy enterprise switching, router and load balancer solutions.
- Maintain and utilize network management applications to identify network faults.
- Ensuring the provisioning and availability of IP communications to customers.
- Collect, analyze, and determine effects of changes to the network and its impact on the business.
- Determines priority of action and additional resources required based on severity of service interruption.
- Provides technical analysis to customers to isolate issues and develop strategies to restore or activate services.
- 5+ years of experience in a related field of IT
- Up-to-date knowledge of hardware, software and programming – particularly relating to that used by the company
- The ability to simplify and explain technical information to others
- Excellent project management skills, organizational skills, and problem-solving skills
- Methodical and analytical
- Able to identify network problems, isolate root causes, and initiate corrective action
- Advanced knowledge of switched LAN/WAN infrastructure
- Advanced knowledge of F5 load balancer systems and internet facing application architecture desired
- Knowledge of internet systems such as DNS, SSL, Web protocols and internet applications
- Appropriate advanced industry network certifications are preferred
- Experience with network load balancing technologies
- Deep knowledge of layers 1 – 4 of the OSI model. Working knowledge of layers 5 – 7
- Experience developing scripts to automate system administration tasks including performance monitoring
- Checkpoint firewall experience a plus
- UNIX / Linux experience a plus
- Occasional travel required (less than 10%)
Our employees enjoy great benefits:
- Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
- Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
- Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
- Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
- Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
- Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
- Get employee discounts for shopping, dining and travel through Kemper Perks.