Salary Range: $80,000-100,000 USD
Additional Bonus and Commission Opportunities for this Role: TBD
Synoptek Benefits for this Position Include:
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance (2 Options)
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance
- Basic Life/AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 18 days per year (6 hours accrued per pay period)
- Certification Incentives up to three certifications per year
A Day in the Life
As a Network Consulting Engineer II, you will be someone who has a strong background in network engineering, both on-premise and cloud environments and an inherent ability to communicate and develop lasting relationships with clients
- Total Years of Technical Experience: 10+
- Position Specific Experience: 4+
- Mentorship/Leads by Example Experience: 3+
- Project/ Client Engagement/ Customer Facing Experience: 4+
- Advanced knowledge of how application data flows over the network (firm foundation of OSI model)
- Document all work performed in internal document repositories (wiki), build customer documentation, craft remediation guides and as-built documents, and be completely proactive in updating older documentation.
- Must have experience authoring or refining technical procedures
- Able to follow deployment procedures and adhere to Synoptek engineering standards.
- Must be able to logically diagram out shared and customer environments in Microsoft Visio.
- Work with vendors and other third parties to deliver new services to customers
- Has knowledge of current emerging/new technologies and the potential impact and efficiencies they may have in a managed services environment.
- Advanced understanding and practical experience implementing management protocols such as SNMP.
- Experience working with cloud-based services or applications
- Conceptual knowledge of DNS, TCP/IP, SMTP, SNMP, HTTP, SSL
- 2+ years of experience working in managed services & multi-tenant environments
- Detailed understanding of routing and switching in non-standard/ complex deployment environments including campus LAN, full-meshed WAN, and Datacenter networks.
- Has advanced experience managing and implementing routing protocols including static routes, EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP.
- Has advanced experience implementing Cisco layer 2 LAN topologies and hand-on experience extending VLANs across a large enterprise/datacenter network core, and manipulating Spanning Tree topologies.
- Has advanced experience making firewall changes across various vendors (Fortinet, Cisco, Palo Alto) including changes to Access-lists, NAT/PAT assignments, management protocols, Remote Access VPN, and IPSEC LAN-to-LAN VPN tunnels. Must be able to build a firewall from scratch given desired requirements.
- Strong working knowledge in implementing access/authentication technologies such as LDAP, RADIUS, TACACS
- Verbal Communication: Advanced
- Written Communication: Advanced
- Customer Service: Advanced
- Presentation Communication: Intermediate
- Analytical/Problem Solving: Intermediate
- Mentoring: Intermediate
- Influence/Persuasion/Forward Thinking: Intermediate
- Executive Level Presence: Intermediate
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required
- Candidate must have one of the following or be willing to obtail within 6 months of employment: CCNA (Any flavor), CCNA Data center, NETWORK+, Linux+, Security+