We are seeking a Senior Network Engineer to provide technical leadership in design and deployment of Enterprise, Data Center and Cloud migration or integration technologies to GreenPages customers. In this role, you will assess, architect, and deploy the relevant technology solutions according to customers' business, security policy and application requirements.
- Conduct consulting engagements, define best practices and deliver technology solutions in a timely and effective manner
- Perform network and security assessments, including gap analysis using information gathering tools. Create relevant documentation for customer engagements; such as diagrams, detailed assessments and design document.
- Provide technical analysis of existing or legacy technology in an environment and present modernized networking and security solutions and define features and capabilities according to customer requirements.
- Assist Solutions Architects in identifying and defining the scope of work and technical assumptions of the Statements of Work.
- Ability to complete large and complex projects independently.
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies and products, including attaining certifications and participation in industry events as appropriate
- Assist in the development of GreenPages service offerings, including definition of tasks, best practices and deliverables.
- Work with various stake holders to lead problem solving, evolve system roadmap and take critical decisions.
- Provide clear communication with regular update/reports to the both the project and account teams.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in, deployment and configuration and architectural design of networking technologies specific to routing, switching and general network security best practices, in which 3 years must be in customer-facing positions.
- Experience working for or with large service providers and enterprises in a cloud hosting context is preferred.
- Extensive experience in large Data Center or Enterprise/campus designs, architecture, deployment and configuration with physical and virtual appliances. Familiarity with applications driving modern infrastructure design in private and public cloud.
- Experience in networking technologies such as STP, Nexus vPC, VSS, OTV, IPSEC / SSLVPN, DMVPN, Routing: VRF, MPLS, OSPF, BGP and design for Multi-Homed environments.
- Datacenter Network services including Security, Load Balancing, DNS, etc. at the virtual and physical level.
- Extensive experience with Cisco and Fortinet products (Firewall, Routing / switching and security)
- IPS, as well as other NGFW (Next Gen Firewall) features and capabilities.
- Ability to write tutorials/documentation, conduct presentations to customers/partners.
- Strong analytical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Highly organized.
- Strong ability to influence others and build consensus via excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum of CCNP level of knowledge.
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training.
- This position may require up to 50% travel
Preferred or Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Experience with Cisco Firepower Services and Palo Alto security services
- Experience with IT Business Processes/ITIL a plus.
- Familiarity with the growing cloud market integration and migration, process, and technology changes this market is driving as compared to more traditional network infrastructure models.
- Storage and Storage Networking knowledge
- Knowledge of cloud/virtualization technologies, such as VMware vSphere/vCloud, EC2, Xen, KVM, OpenStack, Cloudstack is a plus.
- Knowledge of Azure and AWS
- Understanding of SD-WAN and Software Defined Technologies such as ACI and NSX.
- Understanding of Cloud Computing, Cloud frameworks, distributed applications and X-as-a-Service (X can be infrastructure, Platform, Software) is preferred.
- Familiarity with NetScaler and F5 Load Balancers