Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the discoveries our technology delivers in improving the health of all of us? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. Our work is more than the systems we develop and maintain; it’s the researchers and the research those systems support; it’s the discoveries that are made through our commitment to delivering high-performance, highly-available solutions.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that’s uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees shareexperiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated, cross-functional teams, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We’re committed to our employees’ professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a Network Communications 4 (Cisco) who will support several projects a large federal agency. These positions will be located in Bethesda, MD.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Health Systems Management operating unit, which focuses on Healthcare IT solutions for our Federal, State, and Local government clients. The qualified candidate should also have strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills with a keen attention to detail and professional experience in the analysis, planning, design, specification, implementation, integration and management of required services and equipment.
Role and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Analyze network performance and perform network planning
• Analyze customer needs and generates technical requirements, using your expertise in Cisco routing and switching, troubleshooting and configuration of MPLS, BGP, OSPF, VPN, and QOS.
• Identify technical problems and debug hardware and software related to Cisco carrier-class routing platforms.
• Provide network problem resolution and root-cause analysis.
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years relevant experience. An additional four years of applicable experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- CCIE certification (written and lab).
- Expert-level knowledge of MPLS and BGP.
- Knowledge of service provider or enterprise system architecture and the ability to independently troubleshoot complex routing issues.
- Expertise with Cisco IOS-XR routers.
- Experience with analyzing customer needs and generating technical design requirements in large scale networks.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency required in order to obtain and maintain required Position of Public Trust Clearance
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) , Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE), or equivalent level of Cisco Certification with a specialization in Service Provider, Routing & Switching, Data Center, Security, or Wireless.
- Network architect/design experience