Installation of network equipment in an existing network infrastructure.
Responsibilities and Experience:
- Fiber Optic structured cable distribution system installation
- Ability to terminate all forms of fiber by various methods
- Familiarity with fiber connector types and manufacturers
- Experience testing single-mode and multi-mode fiber installations
- Experience with OTDR testing and fiber optic troubleshooting
- Pulling cable, fire stopping, dressing cables and labeling to industry standards
- Installing, terminating, and testing all forms of copper and fiber cabling
- Installing closet hardware including backboards, connecting blocks, racks, patch panels and fiber enclosures.
- Performs routine tasks involved in the installation, maintenance and repair of voice, data and wireless communications systems.
- Participates in the maintenance of telecommunications equipment and the installation, rearrangement, and removal of equipment and associated wiring.
- Participates in the testing, location, and repair of equipment problems associated with trouble calls and performs routine maintenance.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Must have requisite experience in the installation of network equipment (routers, switches, Cisco, Juniper, crypto) in a complex, operational network environment.
Required Experience, and Education:
Candidate must have a total of 15 years of applicable experience. The experience can be a combination of degree and work history. This can be a High School degree and 15 years of work history OR an Associate's and 12 years, a Bachelors' and 10 years, a Masters and 8 years or a PhD and 4 years of work history.
BICSI Certification and RCDD/DD Certification required, Cisco certification highly desired.