While we have offices in Seattle & Las Vegas, we are seeking the best talent to join our team and will consider REMOTE/TELEWORK options for candidates located anywhere in the US.
The Network Automation Engineer is responsible for assisting in the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of infrastructure and network systems that supports core organizational functions. Focuses on technical trouble-shooting, solutions, and ongoing network maintenance. A core team member of one or more projects that drive's the team to improve operational efficiency and availability.
- Be a technical leader during major incidents including managing the quick resolution of highly complex network incidents, focusing on root-cause analysis
- Responsible for the configuration, management, and maintenance of iStreamPlanet's information system and video streaming network infrastructure.
- Responsible for establishing network connectivity to multiple source streams for iStreamPlanet's growing content portfolio.
- Responsible for contributing and leading the automation roadmap including tool selection, processes, and standards creation and implementation.
- Response for writing process automation.
- Identify the need for technical process improvement plans and partner with business leaders to create and implement plans. Assist in the execution of the plans.
- Responsible for creating and implementing technical, process-driven solutions and strategies.
- Ensure internal and external SLAs are met, including measuring and reporting key metrics, trends, and system performance.
- Manage daily ticket queues to ensure prioritization and appropriate escalation.
- Analyze proposed networking solutions to identify gaps, strategic or financial impacts, and any other associated risks.
- Assist in the translation of customer needs into functional design requirements including the preparation of responses to RFP's, RFI's, and RFC's.
- Responsible for influencing the departmental strategies ensuring that their strategic plans are in alignment with the technical direction of Network Operations.
- Be on-call and serve as an escalation point during outages.
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience.
- Network-based certifications.
- 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Expert in Networking Protocols and Technologies (Ethernet, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, Cisco and Juniper products, firewalls, load balancers, security protocols, MPLS, QoS, and IP Multicast).
- Knowledge and experience with scripting languages.
- Working experience with Robotic Process automation tool (UiPath, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, etc.).
- Experience with hardware and transmission technologies (WAN and transport, routing, firewalls, LAN/VLANs switches, SDN, optical fiber, etc.).
- Proven experience in the design, development and implementation of complex network infrastructure and architecture.
- Proven technical expertise related to maintaining and delivering online services in a 24x7 environment.
- Acute attention to detail and excellent trouble-shooting and analytical skills.
- Acute attention to detail with demonstrated trouble-shooting and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to work and problem solve independently/collaboratively, to organize workload and priorities, highquality execution, technical innovation/adoption, and initiative.
Nice to Have:
- Experience within media or streaming industry.
- Flexible work hours and work from home options
- Accessible and transparent leadership team
- Paid time off every year to volunteer and generous paternal leave
- Medical, dental, vision benefits, 401(k) plan with a company match
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands