Position Description Overview
The Senior Network Automation Engineer is self directed and highly autonomous, detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has significant experience of supporting large scale, enterprise class networks. Network Automation Engineers work hand-in-hand with Network Engineering, Network Operations and development teams to automate and invent new ways of operating our Enterprise Network. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential. In addition to providing top-tier management and support, Network Automation Engineers are expected to develop best practices, refine operational procedure and constantly think pro-actively and with innovation.
- Designs, installs, and maintains the enterprise network to meet the functional objectives of the business.
- Designs, installs, and maintains the enterprise Voice services platforms to meet the functional objectives of the business.
- Researches, evaluates, and implements new advanced networking and voice technologies.
- Seeks new technologies that would be applicable to the FDC environment.
- Strong knowledge of the FDC network and voice infrastructure (PBX/ACD/IVR) and ability to assess and implement high-risk/high-visibility changes.
- Leads coordination efforts with both technical and non-technical peer groups to determine requirements.
- Able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers possessing a wide range of technical knowledge.
- Performs additional job duties as required.
- Responsibilities Automate select network operation tasks through creation and maintenance of tools.
- Be part of the team that shapes the Automation future in Network Operations
- Support the operation our next generation data-center networks.
- Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes.
- Drive and support innovation from the NIC to the core.
- Work closely with our Network Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products.
- Drive standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies.
- Collaborate with level two and level-three resolvers Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform issues.
- Effective escalation of same to mid- and senior-level engineering teams for full resolution
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- Automate select network administration tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools Reduce the end-to-end cost of delivering packets.
- Mentor more junior staff in network automation, including involvement in the formulation of a structured training plan
- Participation in entry level interviewing
Scope of Job
Leads complex business projects. Provides coaching and mentoring to less experienced engineers.
- 8+ yrs of related IT experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience and appropriate certificates.
- Has expert knowledge in functions they support.
- Strong understanding of business issues.
- Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required.
- The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
- Must be comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Excellent Ethernet and IP networking knowledge and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols.
- Substantial background in large scale datacenter network implementations and support.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
- Software development skills are required, specifically in Python with 2+ years of experience.
- Knowledge of major Internet routing protocols, BGP, OSPF, with at least 2+ years of experience.
- Knowledge of network hardware and packet forwarding architectures.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Graduate degree a plus.