Sr Engineer, Software - Network automation and Tools engineering automation developer
The System Software Engineer’s role is to design and build automation solutions and subsequently, validate and deploy the solutions to help with validation and testing for T-Mobile Network and Systems. Specific tasks will include ensuring that the delivered automation design and programming/ scripting components provide the necessary automation functionality and perform in accordance to the overall engineering requirements and to the business expectation. The Senior Developer shall lead cross-functional teams to successfully deliver / deploy automation of engineering platforms and services and organizing large scale technical analysis and architectural efforts spanning multiple departments. Responsible for End to End automation for validation of test cases in Quality assurance teams, in all phases of the software development lifecycle. Development of tools may be required in order to most efficiently solve technical or business challenges including technology evolution, capacity management, and performance optimization. Technical documentation and presentation skills are required in order to convey design benefits to a wide range of audiences. Works on technical assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations. Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions. Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
STUFF WE'LLTRUSTYOU WITH
- Technical System Expertise: Understands system protocols, how systems operate and data flows. Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to Design, write and deliver software code in Python, Java to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of automation.
- Technical Engineering Services: Work cross-functionally with Engineering, Handset teams, EIT, Care and other stakeholders to ideate and implement automation strategies to certify new products and services with focus on quality and time to market. Develop executive summaries of projects status. Able to prepare executive summaries of activities and clearly communicate areas of opportunity.
- Innovation: Contributes to designs to implement new ideas which improve an existing and new automation for a system/process/service. Understands and can apply new industry perspectives to our existing business model. Review existing designs and processes to highlight more efficient ways to build automation solutions more effectively through industry perspectives. Seeks opportunities to improve designs, processes, or product by reducing cost, improving efficiency, or quality. Proactively contributes during brainstorming sessions.
- Technical Writing: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Writes basic documentation on how technology works. Contributes clear documentation on multiple systems used. Able to document automation systems designs, business requirements and technical interpretation. Develops and provides technical data for incorporation into internal presentations.
- Technical Leadership: Collaborates with technical teams and utilizes system expertise to deliver technical solutions. Continuously learns and teaches others existing and new technologies. Contributes to the development of others through mentoring or in house workshops and learning sessions. Influence technology and policy decisions made across the appropriate functional organization.
- Technology Strategy: Contributes to new and existing technology automation options that supports business goals.
- Supplemental Functions: Automation of End to End validation of regression testing across different Engineering Quality assurance teams including Next generation core, Radio access networks, Transport and IP and Data and real time services. Validate SOAP API and interfaces using commonly available tools and capture logs as necessary to analyze the content. Responsible for the evaluation, lab testing, certification, and engineering conformance of the interworking nodes through automation. Interact with third party suppliers and other service / product development organizations and participate in product / service releases. Build Dashboard UIs for system reporting. Maintain and collect data and system metrics on Python based automation framework. Work with Management, Development, QA and Operations to report state of complete automation framework. Design, write and deliver software code in Python, Java to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of automation. Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions and test corner cases. Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale automation systems. Support product business owners in definition and management of automation roadmap and business cases for new services as well as enhancement of existing services provided by automation. Build logging parser tools for tracing platforms like Wireshark, IRIS etc. Lead and builds the roadmap requirements for tools and test equipment - Traffic generator simulators like HP Load Runner, Landslide and IXIA systems when necessary. Tracing tools like Wireshark, IRIS. UE logging and control tools like Nemo, TEMS, Perfecto etc.
STUFFYOU TELLPEOPLEAT PARTIES
- 5+ Years as a Programmer and/ or developer with at least 3 years hands on experience in wireless/telecom and have strong programming and coding skillset
- Should have familiarity with database concepts(RDBMS) and directory access protocols(LDAP)
- Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships who can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers’ needs.
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
- Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Influencing Others: The ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
Bachelor's degree in computer engineering or related field or an equivalent with strong programming and software development and architecture skills
Master's Degree in Computer engineering/programming, electrical, electronic, telecommunications, or related field or the foreign equivalent and 1-3 years of programming or software development experience.
License or Certification
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer (k
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.