Footlocker Inc is currently recruiting for a Network Architect, to be part of our global business team. This position will be based in Milwaukee, WI.
Foot Locker is a leading global athletic footwear and apparel retailer, catering to the sneaker enthusiast and youth culture - If it’s at Foot Locker, it’s #Approved. Our brick and mortar and online stores offer the latest in athletically-inspired footwear and apparel, manufactured primarily by the leading athletic brands. Foot Locker provides the best selection of premium products for a wide variety of activities, including basketball, running, and training. Foot Locker’s 1,835brick and mortar stores are located in 23 countries. In addition, our online presence through apps, webstore and digitalexperiences helps us engage our customers at all times.
The Network Architect will work as a part of the Footlocker enterprise architecture team to help lead the deployment and operations of a robust network topology in an enterprise hybrid cloud environment. A high degree of ownership, interaction, and teamwork is required to be effective in this role. The Network Architect is responsible for ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction with the Foot Locker development and infrastructure organization.
This role will include, but will not be limited to the following responsibilities:
- Analyze, design, test, install, documentation, implement and support complex network solutions in cloud environments (Azure and Private cloud)
- Possess and maintain a deep understanding of IaaS and PaaS services offered on cloud platforms and understand how to design and operate networks to support ease of use, self-service, automation, and reliability of services
- Work withSecurity teams early in design phases to ensure solutions comply with PCI/SOX/GDPR security policies
- Participate in the creation of a DevOps-enabled automated CI/CD solution that delivers tools and processes for rapid application development efforts and on-going production operations
- Collaborate with development, operations, and infrastructure teams to develop sound automation solutions. Troubleshoot automation issues and find practical solutions to address barriers, enabling forward movement in the application lifecycle
- Analyze and recommend contemporary and emerging technologies across the enterprise including but not limited to MPLS WAN in a dual carrier cloud, DMVPN, QoS policies, marking, and policy map
- Subject Matter Expert in IP routing protocols including BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, IP Multicast, MPLS
- Implementation and support of user-facing VPN systems with multi-factor authentication
- Network capacity management, performance tuning, and troubleshooting
- Demonstrate good judgment, identifying problems in advance and proposing solutions
- Prepare and maintain up to date documentation for internal and external customers detailing configuration of deployed solutions
- Bachelors Degree in Computer science or related field
- 10+ or more years of related information technologyexperience
- Demonstrated experience in network design and operations of enterprise systems
- 2-5years of strong experience directly related to cloud computing Azure and VMWare SDDC
- At least one large scale implementation of SD-WAN solution
- Cisco certifications, CCNP Cloud or Azure certification is a plus
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef
- Familiarity with Docker containers, working experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience with the ScrumAgile methodology
- Ability to influence others using reasoning, persuasion, and negotiation; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to learn new technologies in a short time.
- Must possess well-developed verbal and written communication skills.