You Will Be Responsible For:
Provides team guidance and oversight as it relates to architectural best practices. As needed, reviews and analyzes design and technical specifications for IT infrastructure. Participates in and contributes to all appropriate projects. Advises colleagues and business partners in the identification, analysis, and resolution of technology infrastructure problems as needed. Recommends improvements to processes and technology that improve the overall effectiveness of implemented architectures. Acts as a focal point for technology architecture issues which require leadership intervention.
• Works collaboratively with colleagues to recommend, develop, and document technology architecture frameworks and standards. Communicates and enforces defined technology frameworks and architectures as necessary. Ensures technology architecture components are comprised of reusable objects that follow defined architectural principles.
• Proactively identifies technology architecture problems and works with appropriate colleagues to implement solutions. When cost and price reduction is required, ensures performance and reliability impact is understood and agreed to. Ensures consistency across many organizational and design boundaries. Maintains an understanding of systems and technologies used throughout the organization, providing an overview of the technology environment as needed.
• Determines what automation can reasonably be accomplished and presents recommendations for consideration. Prepares written technical specifications and designs diagrams that include operational and financial impact.
• Works closely with Enterprise Architects to design enterprise-wide solutions. Provides education and consulting services to technology and application teams specific to the developed solution architecture. Works directly with vendors to address any previously unknown technology risks that are uncovered through the solution architecture process. Provides notification to the Corporate Data Security Office as to additional securityrisks that are uncovered.
What You’ll Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of major infrastructure components (Network, Storage, Server)
• Troubleshooting skills and the ability to determine issue impact, resolve complex issues, and consistently exercise sound judgment and initiative in stressful situations
• Knowledge of major software components of .NET, Java, XML, C++, Linux, AIX, Windows, and relational databases (i.e. DB2, Oracle, or SQL)
• Knowledge of industry standard best practices
• Knowledge of and ability to utilize understanding of technology infrastructure to extrapolate the impact of changes to technology architectures
• Knowledge of architecture frameworks and tools
• Ability to identify solution and architectural deficiencies
• Effective communication and presentation development skills
• Ability to mentor technology team leads, architects, and other colleagues
• Ability to work directly with vendors and other business partners to overcome architectural deficiencies
• Ability to investigate and understand historical normalcies and offer creative alternatives for positive change
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR five years of systems engineering experience
• Experience writing technical specifications and technical documentation
• Experience interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in written or diagram form and dealing with several abstract and concrete variables
• Experience determining what automation can reasonably be accomplished and presenting recommendations for consideration.
The Enterprise Technology Architect ensures the integrity, security, availability, effectiveness, and efficiency of the entire technology infrastructure. This includes IT infrastructure, middleware, networks, communications, processing, and standards. Provides technical guidance and oversight, acts as a point of escalation, and serves as a technical expert. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Job ID: 18012534