This position may be located at any Consolidated Communications (CCI) office location (Manchester NH; Rochester NH; Portland ME; Minneapolis MN; Mankato MN; Mattoon IL; Roseville CA; Lenexa KS; Conroe TX; Lufkin TX; Gibsonia PA)
The Network Architect Team collectively comprises the Subject Matter Expertise for all network technology realms for customer-serving networks at CCI.
The Network Architect will be responsible for technical leadership within the Engineering organization for all network technologies and applications. The position drives future vision for the network and provides technical expertise, strategic planning, and recommendations to executive management. The position applies best current design principles and methodology to deliver cost-effective, scalable, and optimal use of technology to enhance the network and design solutions for business and product requirements with ensuring network integrity.
The Network Architect cultivates partnerships with other teams to understand and guide business requirements, including those of: Network Engineering, Network Operations, Sales Engineering, Product Management, Technology Development, Network Security, Information Technology.
In search of a Cloud Services Network Architect who can seamlessly mesh technical acumen with business opportunities to help solution cloud computing needs, including infrastructure design and planning, some maintenance and support will also be required. Must have a firm grasp of SaaS and PaaS technologies, platforms and applications, and have intimate knowledge of how best to customize these attributes to help CCI become more secure and efficient. The candidate will drive the evolution of CCIs cloud capabilities over time, and expand their own capabilities as an engineer.
- Working in conjunction with Architecture and engineering teams to develop and implement the most cost effective and optimal cloud-based solutions for the company.
- Planning, designing and developing cloud-based systems and applications.
- Designing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Educating and training support teams on the implementation and maintenance of new cloud-based initiatives
- Must possess exceptional problem-solving skills, including the ability to solve problems before they escalate into customer affecting outages.
- Must have extensive knowledge of APIs to design RESTful services, and integrate them with existing data providers, using JSON or XML as needed.
- Lead and develop best cloud services practices for the entire organization.
- Building and designing underlying hardware infrastructure to support virtualized computing environments.
- Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms throughout the company.
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed.
- Possible remote work environment and collaboration using various unified communications technologies such as MS Teams, Zoom, etc
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience. 9 years’ telephony experience.
- Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect, Cloud Security Certification, and/or OpenStack Administrator Certification a plus. (Other cloud-related certification also a plus).
- Five years’ experience with application such as, but not limited to, VMWare, Palo Alto Networks Cloud Based Security applications, and VeloCloud SD-WAN applications.
- Experience with SOA applications and cloud-based services, preferably AWS.
- Experience working with OpenStack, Linux/UNX, Rackspace, Docker and Microsoft Azure.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a Cloud Engineer or Architect role.
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks including L2VPN and L3VPN based services and integrations with cloud-based applications.
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and other related data stores.
- Experience with open-sourcing technology, software development and underlying systems engineering.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Interest in Cloud Engineering and its impact on greater business practices.
- Must be proficient in working with a team of engineers, or alone as required.