SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
- Client is seeking a candidate that demonstrates an expert knowledge of backup/restore/storage administration and the designing, implementing and supporting agency environments within a PCI/NIST/PUB1075 environment.
- Supportcontractor must demonstrate an expert knowledge of EMC, NetApp, Veeam, and Industry Leading backup and Storage components. See Required Skills section for specifics. General duties include managing internal agency backups for agency and branch offices, effectively researching and provide guidance leading to solutions with our strategic direction initiatives, monitoring backup infrastructure and security, assisting in supporting disaster recover/failover scenarios.
- This individual will need to work with virtualization backup and storage group to understand requirements for this area. Under general supervision, the contractor will serve as an engineer reporting directly to a functional manager. Contractor will be a team member that ensures the stability and integrity of data, and server services through monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all server and workstation backups. This individual has 24/7 on-callresponsibilitiesshared with the group.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively interact and communicate with peer to Director-level IT professionals.
- Provide feedback to team regarding product issues, enhancements and new features.
- Must have initiative, drive and be a self-starter.
- Ability to ask pertinent questions of others.
- Proactively seek to identify, communicate and implement process related improvements.
- Effectively manage multiple tasks and activities concurrently and able to provide periodic status updates to key stakeholders
- Collaborate extensively with peers and management to resolve client issues while actively contributing to a growing knowledge network that improves the effectiveness of our team and the information available to our clients.
- Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity, and effectively manage the resolution of all issues within accepted service levels. This includes ownership of the data entered into the Helpdesk system and appropriately updating both client and appropriate employees of status of all issues on a timely basis.
- Good customer skills, be attentive to detail, and responsive to customer tickets.
- Troubleshoot and recommend technical solutions for customer issues related to backup configuration and recovery.
- Develop workaround solutions as appropriate.
- Monitor and assess current backup systems and recommend hardware and software enhancements
- Install, configure, test, monitor, and maintain backup system application and hardware,
- Perform equipment and software upgrades
- Maintain familiarity with current computer and network products
- Adhere to corporate information security guidelines and promote information security among coworkers
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Knowledge of networking protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, MLLP, NDMP, NTP
- NetApp Hardware and Software Administration
- Avamar / Veeam Software
- EMC Storage
- Experience in projects involving PCI/ NIST regulations, implementations and / or audits
- Change Management
- Disaster Recovery
- Proficiency configuring and troubleshooting VMware
- Organizational Skills
- Verbal Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Public Sector/Gov?t ExperienceRequired
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS/SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- STIG Hardening
- Experience in projects involving Pub1075 regulations, implementations and / or audits
- Hybrid Cloud Architecture
- Shell Scripting
- A Bachelor's degree in information technology systems, computer science, or related field and two (2) years of experience in information technology systems or related area, an Associate's degree in information technology systems, computer science, or related field and four (4) years of experience in information technology systems or related area, or a High School diploma and six (6) years of experience in information technology systems or related area.
- Multiple Industry Certifications in field. MCP, MCSE, VMWare, Veeam