$150K — $200K *
DescriptionNetwork Architect - IS Infrastructure
Calpine Corporation is looking for a dynamic and diverse network architect that can install, configure, and maintain a robust hybrid cloud network environment. The candidate should be well versed in both cloud and traditional on-premise networking equipment and technologies.
The Architect role is responsible for the overall delivery, effectiveness and availability for Calpine’s on-premise and cloud network and voice services; including but not limited to core WAN / LAN infrastructures, plant connectivity, core data centers and Azure cloud environments. This role interacts with various regulated environments within Calpine, such as SOX, NERC, and PCI. The candidate for this role should have functional knowledge and experience working within regulated environments (incident management, change management, and compliance).
Additionally, the Network Architect role will be responsible for ensuring the successful integration and handoff for all network technology solutions to the various Manage Service Providers supporting Calpine network environments.
• Strong understanding of multiple networking protocols (TCP/IP, NetBIOS etc.) and networking concepts
• Strong understanding of traditional on-premise routing, switching, wireless, satellite, LTE and SD-WAN technologies, teleconferencing/video and voice in both physical and virtual implementations in support of legacy On–Prem and Azure Cloud implementations
• Strong understanding of cloud-based network platforms, AWS/GCC/Azure or similar platform.
• Ability to green field Install, configure, maintain, and manage the various components of Calpine’s cloud and on-premise network infrastructure, primarily Cisco and F5 network hardware. (equipment refreshes, firmware updates, vulnerability remediation, etc.)
• Facilitate the operational hand-off of network infrastructure components to managed services partners as appropriate
• Strong understanding of security practices surrounding SCADA or other plant operation technologies (RTU, MODBUS, OPC, etc.)
• Experience supporting security operations for both Public and Private Cloud implementations (e.g. next generation security technologies, alert management, event correlation)
• Support/Lead the coordination and implementation efforts for evergreen refresh programs of network equipment where life-cycle programs dictate.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to research and resolve complex problems with minimal supervision and escalate issues as appropriate
• A track record in the successful management of programs as well as demonstrated complex program/project/vendor management skills.
• Working collaboratively across the organization to participate in the development, implementation and execution of strategic goals and roadmaps
• Maintaining quality of service by participating in the development and management of team processes, KPIs and customer service standards
• Effectively leverage vendor partners including addressing issues/concerns and providing solutions with favorable outcomes for Calpine
• Develop technology strategies that support long-term growth and sustainability. Develop an operational plan that is flexible in a changing environment
• Continually seek and consider innovative solutions to business problems and apply as relevant in support of the organization’s mission, culture and philosophy
• Develop best practices and drive the process of creative thinking and solutions. Lead change and adoption of new processes and technologies
• Being a point of escalation to manage the resolution of incidents, quality or customer service related problems, identifying trends, and recommending people, process and technology improvements
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing professional networksRequirements•• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of relevant experience in the IT industry
• Considerable management and leadership interactions and/or project management experience
• Experience developing technical documentation and end user communications
• Ability to assess business requirements and translate to technical solutions, as well as the ability to manage small projects as needed
• Strong analytical skills to ensure root-cause analysis and resolution for optimal business ROI
• Excellent leadership, organization, communication and presentation skills
• Understanding of SOX, PCI:DSS, NERC-CIP or similar standards are desired
• Inspirational people leader, able to engage a workforce and develop people to their greatest ability.
• Ability to interact with various levels of management in a multi-tasking, deadline oriented, team environment.
• Solution-oriented with demonstrated ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with key stakeholders, peers and team members.
• Ability to travel up to 20%
• Influential, resilient, and energetic with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, challenging, and growth-oriented environment
Valid through: 2/18/2021