Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
8 - 10 years
Posted 236 days ago
SAIC is seeking a Voice & Data Network Architect to join our team supporting the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- The Voice & Data Network Architect designs IT system used for connecting compute equipment within data centers with end users and their devices, and third parties which require the integration of devices and complex components, to provide Customers with their desired business mission capabilities.
- Design solutions include voice networks, data networks, and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP).
- Activities include capturing evolving business needs, defining operational and integration requirements, researching and modeling the system architecture and configuration, investigating alternatives, performing cost analysis, estimation and decision analysis to create network solutions.
- The Voice & Data Network Architect will work closely with our Customer’s Voice and Data Network service providers to integrate the MSI’s Service Management System with their voice and data network systems.
- This integration include both technical integration and the application of MSI service management processes.
- This also includes the integration of identity and access controls within the network environments, and the exchange of information in support of a common IT financial model.
- The Voice & Data Network Architect ensures the logical and systematic conversion of requirements into network solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- This involves performing functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate requirements into technical specifications.
- This also involves monitoring and reporting service capacity and availability, and statistical analysis of trends to proactively identify areas for continued improvement.
- The Voice & Data Network Architect will work to achieve efficiencies via the standardization and automation of services; with the objective of rapidly providing network capabilities to Customers with business mission needs.
- The Voice & Data Network Architect will either assist or lead development, modernization and enhancement planning for voice and data network services.
The Voice & Data Network Architect will:
- Be a Problem Solver and Solutions Generator. Develop technical solutions to complex voice and data network problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Have Freedom to Act. Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives. Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria. Completed work is reviewed vis-à-vis the resulting changes in service delivery performance.
- Impact Team Success. Be a team player who contributes directly to the accomplishment of program objectives and goals.
- Be a Liaison. Represent the MSI as a prime technical contact on voice and data network services. Interact with senior external personnel on technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations. The Voice & Data Network Architect applies extensive voice and data network technical expertise and has knowledge of other related IT disciplines.
Background / Experience
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree are required to have at least nine (9) years of voice and data network experience.
- Experience would include physical and wireless local area network services, wide area network services, and distributed voice services. Experience would include transport services, data network circuits and associated access facilities and services, dedicated and virtual data networks, internet access, and mobility solutions.
- Candidates with a Master’s degree are required to have at least five (5) years of experience.
Wide Area Networks
- Experience with enterprise level wide are networks is required. Past experience creating integrated solutions that incorporate Cisco routing and switching is a strong plus.
- Experience telecommunciations operations and maintenance is preferred.
- Call Center Management Systems (CMS) and Private Branch Exchange (PBX). Experience with CMS and PBX systems is preferred.
State & Local Government
- Experience with state & local government customers is a strong plus.
Security Clearance Requirement
- US Citizen. Must be able to pass a Commonwealth of Virginia background check.
- Requirements Capture. The ability to listen to Customers and capture their business capability needs. The ability to then translate Customer business capability needs into technical requirements.
- Analysis. The ability to perform design analysis functions. The ability to measure, via analysis, how service capacity and availability are changing over time, and to understand cause and effect.
- Design. The ability to craft a design solution and produce both technical specifications and information that informs business decision-making.
- Project Management. The ability to structure and execute a project in accordance with PMBOK® (Project Management Body of Knowledge) best practices.
- Communications and Presentation Skills. The ability to simplify technical complexities and present solutions in terms that resonate with decision-makers and Customers seeking business capabilities.
Education / Certifications / Other
- Academic Degree. Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or mathematics is preferred.
- Continual Learning. Past continual learning, via completion or course work or attainment of credentials and certifications, is preferred.
- ITIL Certification. Candidates who have completed ITIL v3 2011 Foundation or above are preferred.
- Location. Work will be performed in Richmond, VA. Software Experience
- Productivity Software. MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook Calendar, Project, and Access), Adobe Reader, MS Sharepoint, and Visio.
- Network Monitoring and Management Systems. The ability to use network monitoring and management systems.