$80K — $100K *
** PRIMARY FUNCTION(S)
We live in a time in which you have a choice – a choice where to work, where to apply your talents and ideas, where to grow and look for self-fulfillment. We are here. We are software, hardware and electrical engineers, computer scientists, cryptographers, system analysts and security architects who share a common passion for helping solve some of the hardest technical problems relevant to National security. We pursue innovative, high-impact, practical research in small, focused teams. We succeed by participating in all R&D phases, including problem analysis and innovative solution design, system architecture, rapid prototyping and field-testing, and ultimately transfer of our technology to DoD and Intelligence Community users, sponsors, and Industry. We are having fun. We are looking for a high-quality, energetic System Administrator to join our team to turn futuristic R&D ideas into practical solutions to important problems. If you are a person that fits the bill, and you like to work on things that truly matter, apply to this requisition to learn more.
Duties include, but not limited to:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Maintains operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination of infrastructure and cloud responsibilities. Develops and designs core operating system builds. Responsible for coding, virtualization, and automation of systems. Sets up administrator and service accounts, maintains an active directory of users and system documentation, tunes system performance, installs system-wide software, and allocates mass storage space. Assesses and resolves user access problems related to security controls to minimize business impact and risk exposure. Identifies and evaluates vendor products and establishes vendor monitoring and tracking processes. Performs capacity planning and monitors/tunes systems. Recommends appropriate platforms for purchase, coordinates installation, and provides backup recovery. Serves as a point of escalation for major incidents that are unresolved at the helpdesk level. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. May draft general IT communications to end-users including notifications of outages/downtimes. May serve as the primary liaison for mergers, acquisitions, and divesture activities as it relates to user access, network, security, and support.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with eligibility to obtain a secret clearance
• BS plus 5 years minimum experience, or MS plus 3 years minimum experience
• Domains: IT infrastructure; Networking; Virtualization; system architecture design; system configuration management, administration, and troubleshooting; application deployment and support; user support; system and application documentation.
• Complete required Annual ISSO training.
• Weekly audit reviews; user management; annual user clearance/access revalidation; signal line checks; system security plan submission; profile updates; inspection preparation; sanitizations of equipment; AV updates; validate OS technical controls; ensure all HW changes follow Security Department procedures; responsible for laptop sign-outs and Removable Media Access Forms; documenting maintenance actions taken; component diagrams; trusted downloading; seal maintenance (whenever security seals are broken/replaced); Transportation Plans (information gathering); electronic audit trail backups; Memorandums of Understanding / Interconnection Service Agreements.
• Configuring clients Active Directory GPO; Ensure local AV installations are current; update documentation.
• System BIOS and firmware maintenance/lockdown; Audit log clearing (after backing up).
• Applying DISA STIG and additional security requirements to systems, meeting RMF requirements and verifying continued compliance.
• POC for new system additions.
• Responsible for Data Center/Server Room operations; administration of VMWare and vSphere.
• Design, develop, and support server and network deployments for technical programs; ensure system availability (powered on); OS builds/upgrades; system patching; apply OS configuration to new systems; troubleshoot host/server failures and related issues (i.e. domain controller problems); perform routine data backups; documenting maintenance actions taken; component diagrams; trusted downloading; seal maintenance (whenever security seals are broken/replaced); transportation plans (information gathering); electronic audit trail backups; document and prepare Memorandums of Understanding / Interconnection Service Agreements.
• Evaluate and propose use of open source and commercial software, frameworks, and tools where applicable.
• Operating Systems: UNIX/Linux, Windows, OSX, VMware, Cisco IOS.
• Hardware: Intel/AMD, Cisco, Sun/Oracle, Dell, Apple, EMC, NetApp.
• Software/applications: SAP, Atlassian suite, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook)
• MS Active Directory, LDAP user and host management.
• Programming Languages: Perl, Python, Shell Scripting, Powershell.
• Networking applications and protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, NTP, DHCP, SSH, FTP and HTTP/S.
• Systems auditing, hardening and firewall configurations, central logging with Splunk.
• Candidates must be enthusiastic, innovative, and motivated self-starters able to work independently, or with a group, to achieve program requirements.
• Candidates must possess strong oral and written communications skills, and must be able to present findings/results to internal and external organizations.
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Travel: Domestic Travel is estimated to be 1 - 2 days on a quarterly basis
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI)
Valid through: 12/22/2021