Calling all Tech Heads! Looking to make your next move in security? Well Precision Medicine Group is an offering an exciting opportunity to join Network and Systems team in a fully remote capacity!
A little about us:
Precision Medicine Group, LLC is the leading global provider of precision medicine research services and creative commercialization solutions for life sciences companies. After completing the largest private investment raise of a life sciences services company in 2012, we have rapidly grown through a series of acquisitions and 20%+ annual organic growth to more than 1,500 people in over 25 offices across the U.S., Canada and Europe.
A little about the Role:
This position is responsible for the analysis, recommendation, provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems, network and cloud infrastructure hardware, software and related technologies associated with all office locations.
You will also participate in technical research and development to enable continuing technology innovation. Ensuring that system-hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to corporate standards and are operational as required by service level agreements. Additional duties include participating in end-user technical support on an as needed basis, as well as defining, coordinating, implementing and documenting technical standards.
- Install and configure Physical, Virtual, Cloud servers, ensuring systems are compliant and work reliably.
- Perform daily monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all server hardware, resources, and key processes
- Repair and recover from hardware, software and process failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies. Apply patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Develop infrastructure documentation, technology mappings in compliance with SOP’s.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Proactively works with business leaders to identify and implement solutions that increase efficiencies, increase revenues, enhance the internal and external customer experience, and decreases overall costs.
- Performs as a lead in projects, design, acquisition, growth and migration initiatives and research products and new technologies to increase efficiency of business and operations.
- Development and maintenance of documentation and topologies to support BCP\disaster recovery plans.
- Implement and maintain standards across the PMG businesses and ensure alignment with enterprise standards.
- Participates in answering, evaluating, and prioritizing service requests and ensures timely resolution of user issues by assigning appropriate priority and resolution goal.
- Perform audit checks for security, process and resource compliance.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies, participates in Cybersecurity defense, provide technical guidance to other engineers and users.
- Infrequent travel to other sites may be required.
- Regularly interacts with senior management, employees and vendors.
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science or an equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Minimum of 8 years working as a server/network administrator in a medium-large scale business environment.
- Azure, AWS, Cisco, A+, Net+ or MS certifications or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years working and supporting cloud implementation in Azure and/or AWS.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an end-user, technical support role.
Preferred Skills and experience:
- Support and management of Azure and Office 365 cloud services and Iaas environments.
- VMs, Storage Blobs, Virtual networks, Peer Vnets, Azure AD, Loadbalancing, Backup and replication, Container management.
- Experience managing Azure Active Directory, Office/Exchange O365, Enterprise Applications,Teams
- Support of Hyper-Visor management for Windows Hyper-V and Vmware 6.x.. environments.
- Deploying and managing replication, HA and failover technologies (ARS, SRM, Zertos, DFSR)
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows Server 20xx, Microsoft Windows 10, Linux (Ubuntu, Redhat, CentOS), Mac 10.x, Android, iOS, Windows Mobile
- Servers Tecnologies: Azure, AWS, Microsoft Sharepoint Portal, Microsoft Internet Information Server, Microsoft SQL Server 20xx
- Experiense managing Identity/security: Microsoft and Azure Active Directory management,AWS IAM
- Deploying and managing SAN and NAS storage solution technologies.
- Management of DNS, Namespaces, Network shares, and mapped drives, Patch management and Vulerability support technologies, Monitoring technologies, Backup Technologies and Concepts (Druva, Veem, Commvault)
- Microsoft Office 2010 / 2013 / 2016 and Office for Mac 2011 / 2016 and Office 365
- Configuration and deployment of SSO/SAML, ADFS.
- Management of SD-WAN, AutoNetFailover(ISP Failover), Network Accelerators/optimization, Network Firewalls (IPSEC VPN Tunnels, Remote Access VPN, ACL's, NAT's etc...) , Client VPN solutions, IDS/IPS technologies, network Routing, VLAN's, ACL's, SVI's, etc... Routers, L3/L2 switches, WAP
- Ability to perform light to medium physical work of lifting up to 50 pounds
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC