The Network Analyst is will assist in planning, designing, implementing and maintaining a network architecture. The Network Analyst will also implement, maintain, and supportnetwork systems on a day-to-day operational level. In addition, daily duties will include supporting team members as a Tier 3 member for resolving break-fixes.
- Assists with complex network management design and integration.
- Participates in design reviews of IT systems.
- Provides technical expertise on projects for voice, video, and data systems, including but not limited to LANs, and WLANs; Video over IP; and converged networks.
- Identifies, evaluates, and assists staff in the selection of hardware, software, and services to meet specifications and requirements.
- Monitors and controls all infrastructure, including local and wide area networks.
- Maintains local area network (LAN), wireless local area network (WLAN), wide area network (WAN), and Data Center environment(s), to include installation, configuration, and ongoing field service.
- Conducts site surveys and on-site assessments and prepares schematic diagrams for recommended and efficient installations. Develops and maintains network documentation.
- Monitors protocol compatibility, performs system tuning, and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Assists in developing architectures and planning for enterprise-wide tactical and strategic requirements, systems definition, and feasibility determination within a complex system environment.
- Assists in developing and implementing a multi-system capacity plan.
- Assists with the Planning/Overseeing of the implementation of system installations and ensures network connectivity.
- Occasional travel throughout the local Las Vegas area.
- Design principles for local area networks
- Data Centers/Ethernet Fabrics
- Switching and routing protocols
- Wi-Fi Technology
- Network testing tools
- IP addressing and subnet schemes
- Voice over IP routing
- Industry standard network engineering specifications
- Cisco, Brocade/Ruckus, Extreme Networks, Meru, and Transition switches
- TCP/IP Protocol
- Copper and fiber cable topologies and installation
- Microsoft Visio for Network Documentation
- Methods, materials, tools, equipment and procedures used in the installation, maintenance, testing and repair of networks, communication links, microcomputers and peripheral equipment
- Install and troubleshoot local area networks, including wireless systems
- Review and evaluate IT system designs for compliance organizational and industry standards
- Configure servers, computers, and a variety of networking equipment
- Prepare clear and concise reports and technical documentation
- Analyze and solve complex networking problems
- Formulate and express ideas clearly and effectively both verbally and written
- Set priorities and successfully complete tasks in a timely manner
- Maintain effective relationships with coworkers, enterprise team members, and representatives of manufacturers and other organizations
- Plan, organize, coordinate and participate in complex network systems development projects
- Provide technical expertise and information regarding technologies, practices, and policies
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Analyze situations accurately, and adopt an effective course of action
- Work independently with little direction to meet schedules and time lines
Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree in math, computer science, information systems, electrical engineering, or a related field.
Qualifying experience in addition to that listed below may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
At least 3 years of journey level experience installing, designing, configuring and/or maintaining computer data, telecommunications, or converged systems.
Knowledge and experience with BGP and OSPF routing protocols is required.
Knowledge and experience with WiFi environments is required. Cisco and/or Meru experience is desired.
Experience with Brocade/Ruckus routers is required.
Experience with a major enterprise network switching vendor product line is required, Extreme Networks, Brocade/Ruckus or Cisco is preferred.
Experience with Linux Servers and scripting a plus.
- Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), CCNA Wireless