You Will Be Responsible For:
1. Works with local and region AHS-IS management and technical staff to coordinate and complete all network tasks required to support active projects.
2. Performs equipment installations, de-installation, and relocation as required to support the business needs of the company.
3. Interfaces with external vendors and network personnel to solve technical problems, develop network configurations, troubleshoot problems, and resolve project issues.
4. Prepares project plans and works with local network staff to make scheduling decisions for network upgrades or changes required to support active projects.
5. Works with the Regional Manager to develop departmental, hospital, region and project related budgets.
6. Demonstrates business knowledge. Understands business that the technology supports. Makes concerted effort to learn the business environment.
7. Responsible for maintaining and updatingnetwork equipment inventory records, network problem records, and network documentation.
8. Demonstrates strong change management skills.
9. Demonstrates excellence in customer service.
10. Ensures that all client requests and problems are being appropriately and adequately resolved in a timely basis.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Ability to understand and implement mainframe and LAN/WAN functionality such as cabling systems, hubs, switches, bridges, routers, gateways, terminal servers and communication servers.
• Experience with Cisco wireless
• Experience with Cisco voice
• Worked in a non-complex environment with multiple closets, devices, and nodes
• In depth understanding of LAN/WAN protocols and protocol interaction.
• 6-9 years’ experience in a layer 1, 2, and 3 distributed network environments is required.
• 5-7 years Cisco experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
• 10-12 years’ experience in a layer 1, 2, and 3 distributed network environments is required.
• 8-10 years’ Cisco experience.
• Some VPN, multi-VLAN, and extra-building networking
• Healthcare Network environment experience i.e. PACS
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Cisco CCENT certification is required.
• Extensive and proven experience may be substituted for certification where appropriate
The Senior network analyst is the most technically savvy employee at each facility. Acts as a mentor and a liaison for all other AHS-IS employees as well as the ambassador of AHS-IS for all the hospital staff and directorship. Keeps the pulse of the hospital, has knowledge of all projects at the hospital, professionally interfaces with the hospital, communicates that knowledge back to Lake Mary, is very creative in the approach to new technologies, offers excellent solutions with vision and thought and then manages and implements the projects created by your professional leadership.