You Will Be Responsible For:
1. Works with local, regional, and Corporate / AHS-AIT technical staff to coordinate and complete all network tasks required to support active projects.
2. Performs equipment upgrades installations, de-installation, and relocation as required to support the business needs of the company.
3. Performs "hands on" work (i.e., pulling cables, installing switches, routers, servers, etc.) when necessary.
4. Complies with change control procedures and policies. Submits properly documented and worded change control for known projects with sufficient time for approval within normal change control timelines.
5. Develops thorough implementation, test and back-out plans to implement changes with minimum impact.
6. Demonstrates strong change management skills.
What You’ll Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Ability to understand and implement mainframe and LAN/WAN functionality such as cabling systems, hubs, switches, bridges, routers, gateways, terminal servers and communication servers.
• Experience with Cisco wireless
• Experience with Cisco voice
• Worked in a non-complex environment with multiple closets, devices, and nodes
• In depth understanding of LAN/WAN protocols and protocol interaction.
• 10-13 years’ experience in a layer 1, 2, and 3 distributed network environments is required.
• 7-10 years’ Cisco experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
• 13-15 years’ experience in a layer 1, 2, and 3 distributed network environments is required.
• 10-13 years Cisco experience.
• Some VPN, multi-VLAN, and extra-building networking
• Healthcare Network environment experience i.e. PACS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma is required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent education is highly recommended.