Altamonte Springs, FL
11 - 15 years
Posted 75 days ago
Responsible for the management and supervision of the data communications networks and interface to the Wide Area Network. Responsibilities include network planning and management with limited staff supervision. Responsible for insuring the day to day operation, reliability, and integrity of the data communication network. Coordinates all network monitoring activities for communications. Develops company policies and procedures to supportnetwork operations, security and integrity.
What you will need:
1. Works with local, regional, and Corporate / AHS-AIT technical staff to coordinate and complete all network tasks required to support active projects.
2. Performs equipment upgrades installations, de-installation, and relocation as required to support the business needs of the company.
3. Performs "hands on" work (i.e., pulling cables, installing switches, routers, servers, etc.) when necessary.
4. Complies with change control procedures and policies. Submits properly documented and worded change control for known projects with sufficient time for approval within normal change control timelines.
5. Develops thorough implementation, test and back-out plans to implement changes with minimum impact.
6. Demonstrates strong change management skills.
7. Responds to problems called in and repairs the reported problems quickly.
8. Ensures that all client requests and problems are being appropriately and adequately resolved in a timely basis. Provide follow up to client to insure client is informed of status of tasks and projects in a timely manner.
9. Follow up with client is completed in a timely, courteous and professional manner at all times. Is responsive to client needs and works with client in a collaborative, service and solutions oriented manner.
10. Provides backup technical and helpdesk coverage and support when necessary.
11. Participates in on-call rotation for after-hours support and makes self-available to peers to provide needed assistance even if not on-call.
12. Interfaces with external vendors and network personnel to solve technical problems, develop network configurations, troubleshoot problems, and resolve project issues.
13. Responsible for reporting any potential problem areas that may adversely affect network performance with recommendations for alternative solutions.
14. Responsible for maintaining and updatingnetwork equipment inventory records, network problem records, and network documentation.
15. Establish and maintain an information resource library to include software, system documentation, and network standards for sites in the region.
16. Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change or where new ones need to be developed to support active or new projects. Develop and document network policies and procedures including networksecurity.
17. Assists with the development of departmental, hospital, region, enterprise and project related budgets.
18. Assists in development of departmental policies and procedures.
19. Provides mentorship to other analysts in the region and trains other network trustees locally.
20. Provides cross training to peers and lower level technicians and ensures that other analyst in the region receives technical and organizational assistance to complete their work as needed.
21. Confers with and advises lower level technicians on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities and methods. Maintains appropriate administrative records.
22. Works with local hospital management, staff and network engineer to make scheduling decisions for network upgrades or changes required to support active projects.
23. Leads and/or participates in special projects.
24. Follows formal project methodology to develop and fully document project plans which includes defined business need, project scope, benefits/risks, technical implementation aspects, alternatives considered, assumptions, expenditures, communication plan, and project schedule (work breakdown structure).
25. Communicates project status and progress to project stakeholders, project managers and supervisor.
26. Completes projects on time within established or negotiated deadlines and within established budget.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Ability to understand and implement mainframe and LAN/WAN functionality such as cabling systems, hubs, switches, bridges, routers, gateways, terminal servers and communication servers.
• Experience with Cisco wireless
• Experience with Cisco voice
• Worked in a non-complex environment with multiple closets, devices, and nodes
• In depth understanding of LAN/WAN protocols and protocol interaction.
• 10-13 years’ experience in a layer 1, 2, and 3 distributed network environments is required.
• 7-10 years’ Cisco experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
• 13-15 years’ experience in a layer 1, 2, and 3 distributed network environments is required.
• 10-13 years Cisco experience.
• Some VPN, multi-VLAN, and extra-building networking
• Healthcare Network environment experience i.e. PACS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma is required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent education is highly recommended.