This position reports to the Network Technology Manager along with other Network Technology Analysts.
Primary internal contacts of the incumbent include IT Managers and staff in the provision of required IT network infrastructure environment services. Primary external contacts of the incumbent include service and equipment vendors.
The following accountabilities are to be carried out in a manner consistent with the spirit and philosophy outlined in The Andersons' Statement of Principles:
- Provide technical support for network and voice or collaboration related hardware and software, including problem tracking, troubleshooting, and end user assistance.
- Act as an escalation point to the End User Support group for all Network and voice issues, including after business hours emergencies.
- Deploy, configure, upgrade, and maintain network and voice technology equipment, and repair and decommission as needed.
- Escalate problems to service providers as appropriate and coordinate external support and service requests to ensure proper resolution.
- Maintain network perimeter security, configuration of firewalls and other security hardware/software to protect systems and proprietary information.
- Monitor network performance and manage bandwidth allocation for internal/external access, including Internet, LAN/WAN, and voice networks.
- Assist the Network Technology Manager with network infrastructure production environment backup and recovery projects, including the development and testing of contingency plans.
- Assist in the day to day administration of Cisco Unified Communications products including Unified Communications Manager, Unity Connection, Emergency Responder, Presence and Call Center Express.
- Education: Post-secondary degree in related discipline such as Business Administration or Computer Science with five years progressively responsible experience in the network technology analyst field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: Minimum of three years prior experience in administrating and technical problem resolution in enterprise networking environments (WAN, LAN, and voice).
- Certifications/Licenses: CCNA Routing and Switching, CCNA Collaboration, or similar industry standard network certification preferred but not required.
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to work in and foster a team-based environment
- Critical thinking and strong problem solving skills