Job Posting Description
At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As the teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our Information Services Department and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
This Network Analyst II will be responsible for:
- Analysis, monitoring, and troubleshooting required to ensure the reliable operation and peak performance of Children's wide-area and local area networks.
- Utilizing various network management techniques to ensure that the networks are performing as designed.
- Determining the need for network management tools, participating in their design, development, and implementation.
- Maintaining knowledge of the state of the art developments in network management and recommends new technology when appropriate.
- Contributing heavily in the design, construction, and on-going maintenance of CH's various networks.
- Playing a leadership role in the development of CH's network strategy. Responsible for the support of CH's wide area network, Ethernet LANS, and the ongoing maintenance of network infrastructure. Infrastructure includes network computers, muxes, modems, circuits, network management, terminal servers, bridges etc.
- Creating and maintaining documentation designed to facilitate the operation and maintenance of the various networks.
- Responding to user reports of network difficulties, resolves same, and reports corrective actions taken. May be called upon to represent the Network Manager or Children's hospital at meetings, seminars, problem situations etc.
To qualify, you must have:
- Knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts typically acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or closely related field and three to four years experience.
- Analytical skills to collect information from diverse sources, apply professional principles in performing various analyses, and summarize the information and data in order to solve problems OR design relatively complex systems and programs that cross department/divisional lines.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations.